Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2018, 09:44 AM   #1

Bad Dynamax REV

I have a 2016 Dynamax REV, manufacture failed to seal all seams in this unit, condensate from the AC leaked into the sidewall seam of the unit and caused flooring to rot. This unit has been in the repair shop so many times for various repairs, don't plan on keeping this unit much longer. I don't recommend Forest River products you cant see what is behind the walls that they skipped on. DO NOT BUY A DYNAMAX REV!!!!!
sharonwernecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:04 AM   #2
Citrus County, Fl.

You have a 2016 so that is before Bryan Clemens was promoted to GM at the Dynamax division. I am certain quality has improved dramatically since he has taken the helm.

I am also curious as to why this is your first post here after 3+ years of ownership but welcome to the forum!!

Sorry about your bad luck but I would not hesitate to buy a Dynamax today.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:12 AM   #3

Bad Dynamax REV

Forest River does not stand behind there products, my service manager is just amazed at the poor manufacturing quality, missed steps in the manufacturing line that you the consumer can not see until its to late and damage has occurred.
sharonwernecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 12:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonwernecke View Post
Forest River does not stand behind there products, my service manager is just amazed at the poor manufacturing quality, missed steps in the manufacturing line that you the consumer can not see until its to late and damage has occurred.
Same with most all brands . Buy a prevost
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 01:24 PM   #5
RV There Yet?

Since these are your first two posts, welcome!

All brands are built to a price point. they also have to keep the weight in check. that usually comes at the cost of some quality. I have not seen one RV or TT build that you can see inside the walls. Dynamax does let people come in and see their exact coach being built though. It sounds like some preventative maintenance could have caught the leak before it became a bigger issue. wood does not rot the instant water touches it. it takes a long time being wet to cause that. I hope that you do get your leak fixed and flooring replaced so that you can enjoy our rig for many years to come. there are some great resources here if you are looking for help or advice.
IsleDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 01:43 PM   #6

We've been overall pleased with our REV.

When we got our REV, I compared it to the pictures on the web and discovered that the dealer had put the drain from the refrigerator back behind the vent. It was meant to stick out of the vent. If I hadn't fixed it, then we would have a rotted floor from condensation from the fridge.

Sorry you've had problems.
Old 10-29-2018, 07:43 PM   #7

Did you purchase this unit new or used?