Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #21
RVWholesalers Representative

We actually heard about this a couple of weeks ago and are seriously considering pulling all Reese hitch offerings from our site and dealership. This is total corporate greed! Cequent has turned profits and been very successful off the backs of the hard working US workers. Where is the loyalty of the company to the US worker and to the US over all. Also, two of their main competitors are manufacturing in the US, so it is not like they have to do it to compete! We are thinking about switching entirely to Pull Rite Fifth Wheel hitches and Blue Ox travel trailer hitches. Let's stand with the workers in the US who have made this nation what it is. The only way to end corporate greed is to refuse to support it!
Old 11-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #22
DDC

This is the result of all the " FREE TRADE " agreements instead of fare trade, add that to corporate greed and the working people suffer by having products made outside of the country then brought back in and sold at the same or higher price, the only answer is to look at where everything you buy is made and look for home made products, I live in Canada and try to buy Canadian but if not I'll look for American and then if all else fails Mexican or European.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #23

We were in Goshen last week and the possibility of the move was on the news. I left an e-mail that evening.
electrician549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #24
camping

they are moving- and what terrible timing for all the workers and they annouced the move on Wednesday before the holidayCequent Performance Products | RV Business

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #25
phat phrog stunt crew

21% sales growth in the third qrtr, net income up to 18.7million from 18.3 million the previous year and sales up 6.7 this year compared to the same period last year.

happy thanksgiving and merry christmas. there wont be any extra in your check.
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #26
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentcamper1 View Post
they are moving- and what terrible timing for all the workers and they annouced the move on Wednesday before the holidayCequent Performance Products | RV Business
Much the same thing, but on a much larger scale (affects 18,500 employees) and does not involve a move to Mexico, that is happening with the Hostess Baking Company.

Can we function as a society without Twinkes?
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:58 PM   #27
phat phrog stunt crew

not sure we can survive. i understand all the not giving up what you worked for in union negotiations, but i wonder how many are now wishing they had gave the 10 or 15% pay reduction instead of the 100%.
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #28
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynerz View Post
not sure we can survive. i understand all the not giving up what you worked for in union negotiations, but i wonder how many are now wishing they had gave the 10 or 15% pay reduction instead of the 100%.
I wonder the same thing. Hostess is headquartered in Irving, Tx (between Dallas and Fort Worth) and this naturally got (and is still getting) a lot of local attention from the media. Some are blaming the union officials for not listening to the company and not believing what the company was saying regarding the company's financial situation.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:05 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentcamper1 View Post
thanks for all the replies and also for emailing the company- means a lot to us all here in Elkhart County. I really hope they decided to stay-
I sent an email this evening voicing what a disgrace this is to the American dream. Corporate greed has to be reigned in and the quickest way is how we spend our $$...

I really hope there is a change of heart at hdqtrs.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:39 AM   #30

We had much the same thing happen in Greenville MI 5 years ago when Electrlux moved to Mexico. The plant was very profetable and the state, union and city gave them everything they could. These where 14-16 dollar per hour jobs. The town lost around 5000 jobs with the support factorys that moved also.
This is not going to stop until the US reworks trade agreements to include proper pay benifits and the damage to our envirement that Mexico does.They can bury toxic waste in a hole behind the factory. If a empoyee is injured to bad no
get the next poor sole on the line.Greed and they just keep getting away with it.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote