Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2010, 08:18 PM   #1

Checking Out the 2011 Models

I don't know if this is old news or not but Forest River is now suppling Sanyo tv's in the 2011 campers, Serta mattresses and not more Concertone crap. I don't remember the name of the new stereos, but I am told they are just as bad.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:11 AM   #2
Wanna Be Camper

Not totally true. We just got our 2011 unit 2 weeks ago with a Toshiba 32" LCD and it has the ZX700. But we do have a Serta mattress that is very comfy.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
Not totally true. We just got our 2011 unit 2 weeks ago with a Toshiba 32" LCD and it has the ZX700. But we do have a Serta mattress that is very comfy.
I looked at 7 different model by Forest River and they all had the same tv, but I didn't mean that Sanyo was the only brand sorry about that, but what I was told by the Service Manager is that Forest River is installing real tv's in there units now, that was his words. In 06 when I bought mine a tv did not come with it so I wouldn't know. Thanks for the correction.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:53 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I'm sure that FR is no different than the other Manufacturers when looking for appliances. Whoever can provide the best price line gets the contract for a season, maybe less. Our 2007 Georgetown 370TS came with a 32" Westinghouse HDTV up front, great picture and no problems. A 20" Sanyo analog TV, same thing great picture but no longer usable by outside antenna without a box. Sharp Carousel Microwave, really nice, no problems and Magic Chef Stove, Dometic Refrig and the other standard dometic products. And then there's the EXECUTIVE HTS-1000 Home Theatre System. Our current unit has been fine, but it took 3 units to get to this one.
I believe they went to Olevea or something close to that and Toshiba TV, had problems and started replacing those. It just appears that once they get a product that's reliable they don't stay with it more than a season based on cost.
That's big business these days. Quantity (best price) vs. Quality (performance) I think we all know who wins!!

Can you say CONCERTONE, I thought you could!!!!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:07 PM   #5

my 2010 came with a 40" tosiba lcd and a serta
bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:04 PM   #6

Our new 2011 built in March 2010 (and looking nearly identical to the 2010 we made our buying decision on), has a 26 inch Toshiba and a 22 inch Kenko flat panel TV's. Both HDTV

Water heater and stove - Suburban
Awning and AC - Dometic
Fridge - Norcold
stereo system - ZX700, Concertone
mattress - mmmmmmmm, Serta
slide mechanisms - Lippert
suspension - Alko

The water heater has a switch so you can operate it on AC power. Nice.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab, Vortec Max
Prodigy, Reece DC

GAL119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:00 PM   #7

Our 2011 cardinal has a 42" toshiba in the living room and a 32" in the bed room. We also have the donald trump seers mattress, and its pretty comfortable. It has the corian counter tops also. Its my very first 5th wheel so its all nice to me. Lol
atkingswat is offline   Reply With Quote