Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2011, 12:40 PM   #1
traveler

Delivery Check list

[QUOTE=Mr. Black;54485]Hmmmmmm

["When we first bought this rig it needed a few things right away. The biggie was no heat in the bedroom/bathroom area. It is a forced air system with sheetmetal ductwork......"]

Reading about workmanship and the sorts, and knowing I will be taking delivery of my new Rockwood 8315BSS in the next several weeks I started to put together a check list of items and options on the TT that I believe should be addressed before I leave the dealers lot, like air flow from the heater, door and window integrity and lots more.
I am looking for things that I can add to my check list so as not to have to worry about them latter on when I get home.
Any ideas out there??

"We travel initially to lose ourselves; and we travel, next to find ourselves. And we travel, in essence, to become young fools again- to slow time down and get taken in, and fall in love once more."
Pico Iyer
reinreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:53 AM   #2

The first time I filled our fresh water tank, I noticed water dripping out of the enclosed underside. I found that the inlet tube was never clamped to the tank. The clamp was there, just never tightened. I went through the trailer from front to back and checked/tightened every water fitting.
gregm59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:31 AM   #3

Another thing to check is the installation of the bedroom escape window. We lost ours before the first gas stop. We have never opened it since we bought the trailer (new) and lost it on first trip this year before first gas stop. Wayne
wayne anthony is offline   Reply With Quote