Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2015, 06:18 AM   #21

Sued is not correct.... They were fined by NHTSA . Two totally different things. What we will never know is what penalty they settle for. A $600,000 fine does not mean that is what they will actually pay. If you are speeding the trooper does not sue you, he gives you a ticket & a fine can result.

Don't know about NHTSA but a large company like Forest River could be fined $7000 (or $70,000 as a willful violation) for a ground pin missing from an extension cord by OSHA that usually being a Serious violation..... So the media could report they had several serious safety violation's and it would sound really bad. I can only assume NHTSA violations could be the same idea.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:22 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojojojo View Post
Did a search on my new used rig and tomorrow I will be getting up close and personal with my axles to make sure they aren't cracked.hope somebody at FR can tell me if mine have ever been checked or replaced?
Doubt that they can unless under a recall or warranty replacement a previous owner could have changed anything on the camper & Forest River would have no way to know. My dealer barely has a computer. Everything is hand written there.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:26 AM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Sued is not correct.... They were fined by NHTSA .
That is a good point. The site team will change the thread title to reflect this.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:06 PM   #24

Thanks Narboza for the link.
Just checked my 2013 Grey Wolf and found a recall for the power awning. This recall does not apply to me (at least I hope so) though. The recall is for the Dometic Power Awning that was installed on 2013-2014 models. My power awning is manufactured by Lippert.
cgotto1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:51 PM   #25

I would love to know how much of this is related to tire recalls, as well as axle and other Lippert recalls for components that FR installs in their products. Simply because something is manufactured by someone else, does not absolve FR of liability, especially when they are in control of customer information for which to initiate individual recalls.
Not the first rodeo for FR, Google their CEO’s civil suit history

lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:40 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgotto1204 View Post
Thanks Narboza for the link.
Just checked my 2013 Grey Wolf and found a recall for the power awning. This recall does not apply to me (at least I hope so) though. The recall is for the Dometic Power Awning that was installed on 2013-2014 models. My power awning is manufactured by Lippert.
I saw that recall also. I guess I need to dig up the paperwork. Is there another way, quick and simple, to tell by looking at the awning? Hopefully a tag somewhere.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:38 PM   #27

Evereddie,
When I did my recall search, I used the information provided by the RV dealer. I also went out and looked on the awning arm for the trademark symbol. Look for the LC1 on the head of the arm next to the spindle.
cgotto1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:28 AM   #28

One can hope that if there have been highway accidents or campground fires or such things involving any travel trailers, we'd have heard about it in local news - and on this forum. So maybe it is just an administrative thing, and not a cover-up of any kind.
AshnJim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river