Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2016, 07:28 AM   #21

Trbomax - any update?
Pokerstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 08:39 AM   #22

We picked it up and brought it home. Its sitting out in the driveway. I havent even been inside it or run the slide out yet.There are several things that still are not right and yesterday I saw a 2" square spot on the side where the gel coat is blistering on the filar.Its looking like our only trip will be to the goshen ralley to try and get some of this resolved,but we are limited to 3 items there and I have 5 so far.
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:17 AM   #23
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

In May 2015 our Wildcat started leaking heavily on one of our slides. We brought it to our dealer to discover the sidewalls were cracking. They contacted Forest River to see how it could to be repaired. Wildcat called us and set a date that they would come out to bring it back to the factory on Oct. 1. They kept their word and picked it up on time. It came back 7 weeks later with two new sides and a repainted front cap. Communications was sparse but they held true to their word. Dan Dobecki did a great job handling this project. After 6 months the job was done with complete satisfaction.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:17 AM   #24

Is any body still having problems with their gel coat. I have a 2013 Blue Ridge 3710 BH. Prime Time- Forest River just denied mine. The dealer says it will be around $3,000 to fix. What I have learned is the Forest River knew this was a problem with their gel coat because a component was left out that protected from the UV rays. Mine is bubbling and discoloring. I received an article saying that we need to use rubbing compounds and waxes and buffing to get the luster back. What their proposing is what a body shop would need to do not a detailer. They said nothing about the bubbling. Please contact me if you have any advice. It is ashame that now we have to pay more money to correct their problems. It is funny they said this is out of warranty for the gel coat but, they covered for my slide coming out on the freeway.When my fifth wheel was built they forgot to weld the brackets and put in the hexagon bolts to hold it to the floor of the bunk house. This they paid for.
mdborne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, repair