Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2016, 12:13 PM   #1

Forest River Lippert step recall

Has anyone in the Southeastern Pennsylvania area had the recall done for their Forest River motorhome, and where did you get it done? My coach is included in the recall, but I can't find any dealer who has even heard of the recall, much less done it. My steps have been working OK.

Gary Shapiro, 2011 Georgetown 29' Class A
Dash, Molly & Lily - now at the Bridge and forever in my heart
Shadow - 4-year-old Greyhound
Hannah - 1 1/2-year-old GSD rescue
dashonthedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 05:38 PM   #2

The step recall that I had done was on the manual pull out steps on campers & fifth wheels with Lippert steps. I have not seen anything about the other steps. BTW, it did not fix my steps, they finally replaced the 5 step pack with a new one.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:56 PM   #3

dashonthedash, I didn't find a dealer to do mine yet. Hopefully the weather will break soon so I can take it out. I did talk to a couple dealers but they don't do motorhomes so I am still looking also.
shortkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 02:56 AM   #4

Forest River Lippert step recall

I have done a few of them at my shop. The earlier version of the recall they had us to replace the whole step assembly. They have replaced that repair to a new cheaper fix. The last couple of ones that we did, they only have you to install a new cam lever, and a small bracket that allows you to add a center support to the motor shaft. Then they replace the pins in the cam lever and have you to install bolts in there place. If you ask me the later version is bull crap of a fix.
USCG 4 LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, recall