Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2019, 03:38 PM   #1

Forest River NHTSA Recall 16v579

I own a 2017 Forest River Cherokee wolf pup 16fq. I received a recall notice from Forest River in the mail last week. The recall concerns clearance between the top of the tire and the wheel well. Apparently if the clearance measures below a certain threshold the dealer has to order a kit from the manufacturer, drop the axle, and install this kit to improve the clearance between the wheel well and the top of the tire. I was a bit surprised that General RV in Huntley Illinois was unaware of the recall. Just wondering if anybody else has experienced this recall and a how their service experience turned out for them. I have an appointment for service but to be honest am not getting a warm fuzzy about the experience so far. Thanks, Ken.
KenS999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 03:43 PM   #2
Broken Toe

Didn't the Shasta line of retro-campers have a similar problem?

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:16 AM   #3

I received a call from General RV, where I plan to have the recall repair done. I was told that the recall was back from 2016 and includes my unit. The first thing that comes to mind is why didn't the manufacturer or the selling dealership correct the issue before the unit was titled? My unit is a 2017.
KenS999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, recall