Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2018, 01:48 PM   #1

Forest River Recall 17V835

I have been watching this section and have not seen any correspondence regarding the February 2018 recall on furnace tie down issues for some Prime Time Crusaders and Sanibels. This seems like a pretty serious problem for units to roll out of the manufacturing plant with the furnace not attached to the unit.
My unit came unattached and only by luck I found it before I used my furnace. I secured the furnace them I received the recall and had my dealer verify the repair per the recall.
Sanibel 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:20 AM   #2

Were you expecting something more then listing the recall on the forum? would see to me no news is good news folks found out about the recall and had it taken care of.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 11:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Were you expecting something more then listing the recall on the forum? would see to me no news is good news folks found out about the recall and had it taken care of.
Not expecting anything, just thought there would be more discussion. Maybe it's not as big of a problem as I though.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:34 AM   #4
Always Learning

Do you have a picture of the bracket? I was behind my furnace the other day and noticed a L-bracket that wasn't secured to anything. Not sure if it was supposed to be, though.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanibel 13 View Post
Not expecting anything, just thought there would be more discussion. Maybe it's not as big of a problem as I though.
I did not what to imply its not a problem and I think it warrants all of use to take a look next time we do maintenance just in case. Thanks for bringing it up.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Do you have a picture of the bracket? I was behind my furnace the other day and noticed a L-bracket that wasn't secured to anything. Not sure if it was supposed to be, though.
From what I was told it's not a bracket they are concerned with it's the tiedown strap. (See free floating tiedown strap photo attached)
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171014_123308.jpeg
Views:	256
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	168784

Tags
forest river, recall