Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2016, 11:23 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1
Good Sam Roadside Assistance - pros/cons

I'm a member of Good Sam Roadside - trying to cancel membership. On March 25th I called and requested a tech (due to a gas leak in trailer, it was full of gas) and a tow vehicle. I was told that they would not send a tech or tow vehicle, but to light my hot water heater to burn the gas out of my lines. If I had did what they said. I would be dead! They gave me a number to a mobile tech that ONLY works on semi-trucks. I called Good Sam Roadside to cancel my account. They refused and said to call dealership that I bought the plan through. I called dealership. Good Sam Roadside is refusing to let dealership cancel my account also! Good Sam Roadside is a rip-off and a scam!

Buyer Beware!
__________________

samiam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:38 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,951
I don't have Goodsam but you should review your contract to see what is a covered service call. Roadside assistance is normally for a flat tire or broken axle or something along those lines.


2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K
__________________

__________________

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:20 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Oakman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jefferson County, MO
Posts: 5,410
The Good Sam Club has their own forum on the Internet. Have you posted your complaint on their forum?
__________________


Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:40 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
BandJCarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Between Pickles Gap and Toad Suck, AR
Posts: 6,061
Odd. My first thought is that if they won't let YOU cancel that account, then it is not actually YOUR account..........I don't know about 'buying through a dealer', never heard of that. But my initial thought is that is the problem.......it's the dealer's account, not yours.

Past there, I admit I'm lost. That's a new one on me.

Good Sam, AAA, Coach Net, any of them.........normally do not have their own, owned, techs or trucks. They are just a contractual dispatch center. Some techs, companies, trucks, are better than others.
__________________
"Next to prayer, fishing is the most personal relationship of man" Herbert Hoover
"American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God"Lewis Grizzard

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:44 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
northstar1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: in my new 29hfsxlr
Posts: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiam2 View Post
I'm a member of Good Sam Roadside - trying to cancel membership. On March 25th I called and requested a tech (due to a gas leak in trailer, it was full of gas) and a tow vehicle. I was told that they would not send a tech or tow vehicle, but to light my hot water heater to burn the gas out of my lines. If I had did what they said. I would be dead! They gave me a number to a mobile tech that ONLY works on semi-trucks. I called Good Sam Roadside to cancel my account. They refused and said to call dealership that I bought the plan through. I called dealership. Good Sam Roadside is refusing to let dealership cancel my account also! Good Sam Roadside is a rip-off and a scam!

Buyer Beware!
So i take it that you had a propane gas leak in the trailer ? if so why not just shut off the tanks and air out the trailer ? why a tow ? you call it a trailer do you not have TV ? your post does not make since
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:05 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 1,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
The Good Sam Club has their own forum on the Internet. Have you posted your complaint on their forum?
Oh yeah...look for the post titled "Employees going to get people killed".
__________________
Lee and Anne

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2020: 14 nights camped with 20 planned
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:32 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Oaklevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 6,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
So i take it that you had a propane gas leak in the trailer ? if so why not just shut off the tanks and air out the trailer ? why a tow ? you call it a trailer do you not have TV ? your post does not make since
X2

Roadside assistance is not to work on gas or other systems in the trailers, Good Sam has another plan for that......... it is there to change a tire or vehicle breakdowns etc.

You seem to be confused read your contract, I have it as well.
__________________

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:37 PM   #8
Georgia Rally Coordinator
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 16,693
Another case of folks mis reading what they have for contract with GS. Later RJD
__________________
2020 Shasta Phoenix SPF 27RKSS
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 30
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:51 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Cody WY
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
So i take it that you had a propane gas leak in the trailer ? if so why not just shut off the tanks and air out the trailer ? why a tow ? you call it a trailer do you not have TV ? your post does not make since
And it doesn't make any sense either....
Bob Montgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 07:43 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
rracer5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Full Timing It
Posts: 2,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
X2

Roadside assistance is not to work on gas or other systems in the trailers, Good Sam has another plan for that......... it is there to change a tire or vehicle breakdowns etc.

You seem to be confused read your contract, I have it as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Another case of folks mis reading what they have for contract with GS. Later RJD

I agree. Never heard of Good Sam Roadside Assistance being sold through a dealer.....CoachNet yes but, not Roadside Assistance. First you would have to join Good Sam Club to be able to purchase any of their subsequent benefit plans.

If you need anything OTHER than flat tire service, battery service (jump start), emergency fuel service or locked out of your vehicle, GS Roadside Assistance brochure states in part;

RV Concierge Service (call 1-800-947-0770) and a live concierge agent will assist in;

Locating: RV repair facilities, RV parts facilities and retail stores, Service facilities, Fuel locations, Dump stations, & other points of interest to RVers (and more)....

I also agree that the advice the OP got was wrong. It could have been some sort of mis-communication or other communication barrier. A good Good Sam customer service agent (which I have used twice & were very knowlegable) would have in the least, had them turn the propane off & open the door!
__________________
"PT Crew Members Since 9/2010"
2011 RAM 2500 HD 6.7L CTD Crew
2014 Sanibel 3250
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:54 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 504
I have the Good Sam Platinum Plan and it covers towing roadside repairs and any non recreational vehicle you own or borrow. I haven't had to use it yet, but I tell you this. For the money I save not carrying AAA for my autos It's worth the few extra bucks.
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 12:37 PM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 44
Long time GoodSam user

We have carried GS roadside assist for many years now. We have owned travel trailers, fifth wheeler and now our second motorhome. I have nothing but very high praise for the service I have received. One time in San Diego, we had brand new 5th wheeler and discovered water leak that filled sealed bottom. This was not a roadside assist problem however operator got me help on a Sunday and located a repair shop to correct problem. On another occasion, operator stayed in touch on cell phone with us while attempting to locate a tire center that had the correct size tire replacement and finally located one. The shop was closed but after owner was contacted by GoodSam he opened for us and fixed us up. I did complain about the price increase last year anc even threatened to quit but Decided it was worth the peace of mind.
OKpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:05 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Boso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,198
Good sams

I think you have roadside assistance mixed up with extended warranty. I wouldn't expect them to come out and fix a gas leak but yes a tire leak two different events all together
Boso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:24 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Campingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Carstairs Alberta Canada
Posts: 309
As stated by someone else on the good sam website this looks like a troll.
__________________
Tim and Bev
2013 Cedar Creek 34RLSA gone trying to find my way back, Magnum 2800w inverter, 560w of solar.
2019 F-350
Campingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:28 PM   #15
Member
 
ervinglobal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKpete View Post
We have carried GS roadside assist for many years now. We have owned travel trailers, fifth wheeler and now our second motorhome. I have nothing but very high praise for the service I have received. One time in San Diego, we had brand new 5th wheeler and discovered water leak that filled sealed bottom. This was not a roadside assist problem however operator got me help on a Sunday and located a repair shop to correct problem. On another occasion, operator stayed in touch on cell phone with us while attempting to locate a tire center that had the correct size tire replacement and finally located one. The shop was closed but after owner was contacted by GoodSam he opened for us and fixed us up. I did complain about the price increase last year anc even threatened to quit but Decided it was worth the peace of mind.
X2 they do not do warranty breakdowns on your amenities but they serve you when you brake down on the roadside of the road and they do that very well. They will not change your TV if you cannot get the right channels either
ervinglobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 12:22 AM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 14
We have GS roadside and are in the process of canceling the policy as we no longer own that rig. Our new rig a Shasta Phoenix came with a year of coach net. We bought the GS policy through Camping a World when we bought that rig. To cancel it I did have to go back to that dealership and request the cancellation. It is refunded through the original purchase place.
EC Cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 12:02 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
rracer5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Full Timing It
Posts: 2,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by EC Cottage View Post
We have GS roadside and are in the process of canceling the policy as we no longer own that rig. Our new rig a Shasta Phoenix came with a year of coach net. We bought the GS policy through Camping a World when we bought that rig. To cancel it I did have to go back to that dealership and request the cancellation. It is refunded through the original purchase place.

That explains how they got RS Assistance through a dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ervinglobal View Post
X2 they do not do warranty breakdowns on your amenities but they serve you when you brake down on the roadside of the road and they do that very well. They will not change your TV if you cannot get the right channels either

Damn!
__________________
"PT Crew Members Since 9/2010"
2011 RAM 2500 HD 6.7L CTD Crew
2014 Sanibel 3250
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 03:39 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Splendora, Texas
Posts: 1,314
Good Sam Roadside Assistance is sold thru Camping World, the largest RV dealer in the US.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 03:45 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
BandJCarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Between Pickles Gap and Toad Suck, AR
Posts: 6,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
Good Sam Roadside Assistance is sold thru Camping World, the largest RV dealer in the US.
Certainly not solely.

It's not where I got mine. I've never been inside a Camping World.
__________________
"Next to prayer, fishing is the most personal relationship of man" Herbert Hoover
"American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God"Lewis Grizzard

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 06:12 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Oaklevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 6,244
We purchased ours directly through good Sam Club through our Good Sam Membership.


__________________

__________________

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
good sam

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 PM.


×