Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Greenboro N.C. RV show(s)

The missus has cause to head to Winston Salem for some business sometime soon, and we thought we might incorporate a RV show into the trip. Looks like Greensboro would be the most convenient, but there are 2 listed.

The Progressive Insurance show is on Jan. 11th-13th, and the NC Dealers Association is scheduled for Feb. 15th-17th.

Anybody been to both of these in the past, and impressions ??

I would also consider Charlotte or Raliegh if those are much better shows, but both are a bit more out of the way for us....especially Raleigh.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

The progressive show used to be a good one in both raleigh and greensboro but last year it appeared to be pretty much all camping world. The NC DA one is probably better. I haven't been to the one in raleigh to tell you which of those two is better. The raleigh shows do tend to be bigger than the greensboro ones though. We ended up buying our TT after seeing it at the greensboro progressive show 2 yrs ago.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaro View Post
The progressive show used to be a good one in both raleigh and greensboro but last year it appeared to be pretty much all camping world. The NC DA one is probably better. I haven't been to the one in raleigh to tell you which of those two is better. The raleigh shows do tend to be bigger than the greensboro ones though. We ended up buying our TT after seeing it at the greensboro progressive show 2 yrs ago.
Ditto for Charlotte last year. One show camping world and the other for everyone else
Old 01-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #4
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
DANG! Would love togo Mtnguy..... but just getting back form a FROG rally in Florida. Then back to work Sunday Jan 13th.

Work, curse of the drinking class! :O

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I will probably hit both shows in Greensboro but we aren't far away
Old 01-05-2013, 07:20 PM   #6
AKA Indiana Jones

there was a little underhandedness behind the scenes last year, causing the show in February to be only Camping World. The show the weekend of the 15th will have the most dealers and inventory to look over. I work at that show, and shuttle trailers back and forth from the dealership I work at to the Colosseum for the show.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmh462 View Post
there was a little underhandedness behind the scenes last year, causing the show in February to be only Camping World. The show the weekend of the 15th will have the most dealers and inventory to look over. I work at that show, and shuttle trailers back and forth from the dealership I work at to the Colosseum for the show.

So it sounds like you are saying feb show will be better? Out of curiosity which dealership do you work for?

Tags
greensboro, north carolina, show