Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2017, 09:54 AM   #1
Site Team

Is Your "Independent" Dealer Really A Camping World?

After I saw a post that it was rumored RV World of Georgia was being acquired by Camping World (CW) I started doing a little research... It is true about RV World of Georgia being purchased by CW.

But what is even more interesting is CW's new "side by side" strategy in making acquisitions. CW is now acquiring dealerships near existing CW locations and not renaming them as a CW. The following quote is from RV Business News:
According to a press release, Camping World is actively seeking opportunities to acquire quality dealerships with strong management, brand recognition and a solid customer base in markets where Camping World has an existing presence, with its “side-by-side” strategy. The acquired businesses will continue to be operated by Camping World under their legacy name.

“With our ‘side-by-side’ strategy we are aggressively pursuing opportunities to expand market share, grow our database and add additional distribution points for our Good Sam portfolio in our existing markets,” said Brent Moody, COO of Camping World and Good Sam Enterprises LLC. “The addition of RV World of Georgia will accomplish all three objectives and add the No. 2 dealership in the state of Georgia to Camping World’s established No. 1 position.”
This will make it even more interesting when researching a dealership...
Old 03-06-2017, 10:05 PM   #2

So glad I stumbled on this (albeit not a popular post). We are looking into purchasing a Fifth Wheel and for the longest time we looked at the N. Ga (I-85, I-985 corridor). We wanted to stay away from CW for numerous reasons and started looking more at RV World of GA. The other day, my wife and I asked why RV world of GA was severing ties with certain brands, and we were told they had been purchased by CW and the brands they were liquidating "didn't agree with the new management." Needless to say we won't be going back to RV world of GA.
mac1576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:39 AM   #3

I've heard the same has happened to McGeorge's Rolling Hills RV off I95 north of Richmond, VA. It appears CW is buying dealers all over.
TMMull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:00 PM   #4
Site Team

You can follow CW's acquisitions on their investors website press releases area. See Here
Old 06-19-2017, 10:05 AM   #5

That is the American way. The expand or buy other stores.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, dealer