Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2021, 09:11 PM   #1

Lack of New RV Owners Manual

Just wondering, do you generally get an 'Owners Manual' when you purchase a new RV? I recently purchased a 2021 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2906RS travel trailer and the dealer gave me a bag of all the manufactures instructions/manuals for each component in the RV but no true owner/operational manual showing how to operate certain basic items for camping, i.e., winterizing/valving for the water system. I have figured some things out, but you would think they would provide an owners manual like when you buy a new car. Any thoughts will be welcomed.
Dugan S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 10:02 PM   #2
Site Team

I believe that you download an app for the owner's manual.
But just so you know, it's a generic owners manual with no model-specific nor brand-specific information.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 10:45 PM   #3

https://forestriverinc.help/#/forest...ockwood/browse
then on the right side download the PDF. Its much better than the online manual

Renogy bits: 3000W Inverter/Charger, 400Ah LiFePo4, 40A DC-to-DC
Rich Solar bits: 400W of panels, 40A MPPT
Misc bits: LevelMatePro+, SolidRemote based wireless controlled LED storage lighting
jbflag21ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 12:31 AM   #4

Thanks jbflag21ds - that's exactly what I was looking for. YOU DA MAN!!!
Dugan S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 10:55 AM   #5

One thing that I don't believe is in any manual is opening the cooktop hood vent to the outside. It locks for travel so it doesn't flap in the wind. One other item that is very important is turn on your propane valve very, very slowly. I did this when I first bought my trailer and a year later I turned it on like I would the gas valve on my Weber. This caused the safety valve to activate and severely restricted the gas going into the trailer where nothing would operate. Unfortunately I thought I had run out of propane then I read about turning on the valves and I removed the gas valve from the tanks and it took quite some time before it reset. Another tip is after you turn on your gas valve light the cooktop to clear the line of air. This ensures your water heater and refrigerator light easily.
Chewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 11:47 AM   #6
Wanderluster

I've owned 4 different RVs - travel trailer, Class C, Class A, and Super Class C. Although some of them came with something that was called an "Owner's Manual," they were nothing at all like an owner's manual for an automobile. They were very generic "manuals" that talked in general about RVing practices, but not specific to the make/model. Instead, you may get the installation/owner's manuals for individual components and systems, such as AC units, fridge, toilet, slides, fans, etc.

RVs are more like houses, and not like cars. Did you get an owner's manual for your house? I'm talking about a specific manual just for your specific house at your address. You didn't, because there's no such thing as a house owner's manual that tells you how everything is supposed to work.
www.instagram.com/operation.wanderlust
JACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 11:52 AM   #7

YOUTUBE searching for your specific model AND/OR your specific question can be very informative...

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual