Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 09:44 AM   #1

Make America Pay More Again

I'll just leave this here.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1UD18L
Magnatudes is offline   Reply
Old 07-18-2019, 10:59 AM   #2

Perhaps your title could be changed to:
Keep China from stealing intellectual property and reducing their overwhelming trade imbalance?

If we kept going down the path that both parties have led us we would be a wholly owned subsidiary of China.

On another note, I wonder why they call them "parties"? Aren't parties supposed to be fun gatherings with a bunch of friends with generally common interests? Like Keeping America Great?
Old 07-18-2019, 01:24 PM   #3

just like any great sports team, they have to take many losses, hits, and anguish in the process of building a great team.
dannko is offline   Reply
Old 07-18-2019, 01:52 PM   #4

Although it is an interesting read, it's not necessarily news. Prices on all imported materials have been going up for a few years now. Which to some is scary, but to others (such as myself) it's good.

I work for a metal manufacturing company, and we have been using domestic steel for about 8 years, and our prices have always reflected that. Now that domestic is finally competitive with imported it helps a company like ours compete with those that used cheaper, lesser quality, imported steel. What is news is all the steel mills re-opening that have been shut down for 20+ years.

These price increases have heavy hits for companies that relied on cheap imported materials. So.... IMO, good riddens.

Maybe we will start seeing American made products in our campers more regularly!

BUY Products!!! It helps put $$ back into our economy. It would blow your mind what we have been outsourcing and importing! It's about time we bring industrial manufacturing back to the U.S.A.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:55 PM   #5

Also, (IMO) You can almost set an economical clock that follows the oil industry. Oil industry is down from last year, so that would have more to do with rv sales than inflation in materials.
Old 07-18-2019, 02:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW Rusty View Post
BUY Products!!! It helps put $$ back into our economy. It would blow your mind what we have been outsourcing and importing! It's about time we bring industrial manufacturing back to the U.S.A.
Couldn’t have said it any better!!
pkmkaz is offline   Reply
Old 07-18-2019, 03:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmkaz View Post
Couldn’t have said it any better!!
Lets not only make it American made --lets make all products UNION made..

If it wasn't for unions I could not afford the RV I have.

With you all the way.
grouchmore is offline   Reply
Old 07-18-2019, 03:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook47 View Post
Perhaps your title could be changed to:
Keep China from stealing intellectual property and reducing their overwhelming trade imbalance?

If we kept going down the path that both parties have led us we would be a wholly owned subsidiary of China.

On another note, I wonder why they call them "parties"? Aren't parties supposed to be fun gatherings with a bunch of friends with generally common interests? Like Keeping America Great?
America has always been great. The "party" has changed due to recent rhetoric that continues to lead toward division instead of unification. Chinese loans are our major source of funds that we use to finance our $20T debt. We don't need tax cuts for the already rich & tariffs/taxes on all us regular folks. Keeping America Great is a slick slogan but pissing off the world is not the way to handle this dilemma. Sure we need more USA manufacturing of goods. But recovering from 30 years of outsourcing manufacturing to foreign countries will take a lot more than the lip service we are being fed right now. This won't be an overnight sensation. The USA needs to impose corporate policies & reform the tax code that is more fair to all and reverse the direction of our national debt. Increasing the cost of goods in an attempt to win a trade war will only take away hard-earned cash from the working class. We have to stop the greed of the corporations & the ridiculously rich. They need to do their part too. Otherwise, we can count on this self-proclaimed king of debt to run us straight into bankruptcy. With no disrespect, I say this country needs to address the root cause, not the less important symptoms.
Magnatudes is offline   Reply
Old 07-18-2019, 04:15 PM   #9

My zamp 230 watt portable solar were expensive as heck! American made and all materials sourced in the USA. I saw that thing do cart wheels headed toward a cliff in high wind storm! (My fault) Legs got all bent up. I called zamp, told them the issue. They sent out new legs free of charge. Hows that for service? How many chinese made products have you purchased to find low quality, poor construction and poor QA? Its so cheap, when it bust, you buy another one. Smh. I very much try to buy American made products. I know the cheap chinese crap was “invented” by Americans who outsourced their quality for profit. Id rather pay more for quality.
2012 Ram 2500HD 6.7L Cummins
Equal-i-zer 4 Point Hitch
stormer is offline   Reply
Old 07-18-2019, 04:17 PM   #10

I don't pretend to understand US or world economies. I do know a little about the pipe, valve and fitting business. We sell mostly carbon steel and stainless steel materials as well as PVC and CVPC products. The problem I have with these tariffs is... as soon as the Government imposed the new tariffs the American companies raised their prices...almost equal to the import increases. I am pro American and always have been. I also think this isn't going to be an easy "row to hoe" as we transition to US production. I only hope the EPA and employees allow these products to be produced. It also makes me mad when you see a Government job that specs ??% of domestic products(not knowing what that might do to price and availability)and this unnecessarily drives up the costs. All import products aren't junk... you just have to buy from a reputable manufacturer and not always the cheapest.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply
Old 07-18-2019, 04:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchmore View Post
Lets not only make it American made --lets make all products UNION made..

If it wasn't for unions I could not afford the RV I have.

With you all the way.

now that's really funny!!!!!

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply
Old 07-18-2019, 06:08 PM   #12
Site Team

This thread is closed as it has deviated from a discussion on the RV industry to a political discussion.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply
Closed Thread