Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #61
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Full timing around the states
Posts: 101
I like your solution better for the shower! Looks much nicer. Mine looks like some quick fixing and make due type work. Will have to look for some corner shields like that around here!
Ron Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #62
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Full timing around the states
Posts: 101
Trying to figure a way to add BlueRay DVD to the RV. I can do HDMI direct to the TV, but would like to go thru the media center unit if possible.
Anyone look very deep in to the setup yet?
Ron Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #63
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Full timing around the states
Posts: 101
Just found new problem in FR3. The ceiling vents, if open, and slightest rain comes down, the area under it gets wet!! Also, by the way it is put together, water goes down between the plastic bottom and the ceiling collecting there. Making for future mess. The metal sides of the top part go behind the bottom plastic part! I now have a wet bed, tollet seat n floor, kitchen area floor n rug.
Will have to find a different vent top! This one will NOT work!
Ron Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #64
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1
Curious, anyone know the BTU on the A/C for the FR3? I am in Louisiana and concerned if the A/C can handle the summertime heat and humidity??
Robert_NOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #65
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 23,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Chamber View Post
Just found new problem in FR3. The ceiling vents, if open, and slightest rain comes down, the area under it gets wet!! Also, by the way it is put together, water goes down between the plastic bottom and the ceiling collecting there. Making for future mess. The metal sides of the top part go behind the bottom plastic part! I now have a wet bed, tollet seat n floor, kitchen area floor n rug.
Will have to find a different vent top! This one will NOT work!
don't you have vent covers installed over the the crank up ceiling vents?

if not, you'll surely get rain in, that's why most of us have them installed or added as an option from the factory.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #66
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Full timing around the states
Posts: 101
I have not installed any vent covers. After I vented at the dealer, he suggested them, saying he also found water splashing in and then went to covers. Am looking at how much mod will be required to do this.
Ron Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #67
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1
I am brand new to RVing and am Looking at the FR3. I know it's a silly question but I am wondering what kind of MPG people are getting in this? Someone told me 11 that would be great, but I'm not sure that's accurate.
bawhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
Online_17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawhale View Post
I am brand new to RVing and am Looking at the FR3. I know it's a silly question but I am wondering what kind of MPG people are getting in this? Someone told me 11 that would be great, but I'm not sure that's accurate.
11 would be right in a DP but most Ford V10's are more like 7-8 mpg....
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #69
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawhale View Post
I am brand new to RVing and am Looking at the FR3. I know it's a silly question but I am wondering what kind of MPG people are getting in this? Someone told me 11 that would be great, but I'm not sure that's accurate.
I was going to make a long laughing symbol but decided to forget it.

Mileage for rv's stinks in general. i would not buy one if it's an issue.
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #70
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51

I was going to make a long laughing symbol but decided to forget it.

Mileage for rv's stinks in general. i would not buy one if it's an issue.
An Rv is a means to relocate a small home from place to place. Don't micro manage fuel cost per mile, just allow total travel costs. You'll never realize your dream mileage. Just count up your round trip fuel receipts. More accurate anyway!
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:34 AM   #71
Retired US Army CW4
 
Tom and Kat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fullerton, California
Posts: 148
I always have people asking me what kind of mileage I get when I stop to fill up. When I tell them they usually have a pained look on their face followed by some condescending head shaking. Now I just keep it simple and reply "I have no idea".

My view has always been if you're worried about gas mileage you should pack a sleeping bag and a cooler in a Prius and be done with it.
__________________
2014 Georgetown 329DS
Towing a 2011 Jeep Wrangler JKU w/ReadyBrake
Yorkie guard dog on the dash
Tom and Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #72
Senior Member
 
Displaced2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 309
Had Ford V-10 in last RV. Class A, 34 foot, double slides. Towed GMC Sonoma crew cab and was happy with 6 mpg.
Downsized to class C, 26.5 ft and same Ford V-10. All other factors same and average 9 mpg.
I am a conservative driver and believe in the journey not the destination
Displaced2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:06 PM   #73
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Displaced2 View Post
Had Ford V-10 in last RV. Class A, 34 foot, double slides. Towed GMC Sonoma crew cab and was happy with 6 mpg.
Downsized to class C, 26.5 ft and same Ford V-10. All other factors same and average 9 mpg.
I am a conservative driver and believe in the journey not the destination
The V10 in the Class A and the V10 in the Class C arent the same. Its the 3v vs 2v heads, along with some other minor differences.
cucamelsmd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #74
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING
 
drivmsafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 646
To Online_17; where did you buy the shower guards in your pictures?

Thanks!
drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #75
Senior Member
 
Online_17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivmsafe View Post
To Online_17; where did you buy the shower guards in your pictures? Thanks!

Any hardware store should have them but Home Depot is where I got mine.

Cheers!
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #76
Senior Member
 
Rolling Magic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Online_17 View Post
Any hardware store should have them but Home Depot is where I got mine. Cheers!
First thing I did was install splash guards to the shower. This was a good idea, no problem with water on the floor!
Rolling Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #77
MI Camperz
 
bodzcampers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,640
Or you can be Catty and say, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."
OUCH!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Kat View Post
I always have people asking me what kind of mileage I get when I stop to fill up. When I tell them they usually have a pained look on their face followed by some condescending head shaking. Now I just keep it simple and reply "I have no idea".

My view has always been if you're worried about gas mileage you should pack a sleeping bag and a cooler in a Prius and be done with it.
__________________
MI Camperz
bodzcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:59 AM   #78
Incheon, S. Korea
 
BigBaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Incheon, South Korea
Posts: 1,142
Or you can tell them 6 gallons per mile and walk away! Walking into a gas station with two $100 bills every time took a little getting used to...
__________________
Me, Julie, Lil' Barry, Faith, and OSD Fang
2012 Coachmen Clipper 126 - Don't even have a TV anymore.
I don't know when we'll be able to go camping again...
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #79
Senior Member
 
Blackrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SE Arizona's Gila Vally
Posts: 1,228
__________________
2016 RAM 1500 - 2016 Keystone Laredo 265SRK
The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Blackrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #80
A Musing
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6
I saw the FR3 model and oh... wow... that is wonderful!
amusingcaravan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 AM.