Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2016, 01:00 PM   #1
Dahagen

Recall service suggestions?

I have a Coachman Mirada motorhome with two recalls...the steps and tow hitch. I live in the RV much of the year at various locations. My retailer has gone broke and hopefully will spend time in jail. Other retailers say that if you didn't buy it from us we won't work on your unit. Anyone have any luck getting Forest River to pay a licensed mobile RV repair outfit to do the recalls in a campground? If so who did you talk to a Coachman/Forest river?
dahagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 03:51 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahagen View Post
I have a Coachman Mirada motorhome with two recalls...the steps and tow hitch. I live in the RV much of the year at various locations. My retailer has gone broke and hopefully will spend time in jail. Other retailers say that if you didn't buy it from us we won't work on your unit. Anyone have any luck getting Forest River to pay a licensed mobile RV repair outfit to do the recalls in a campground? If so who did you talk to a Coachman/Forest river?
This is the basics: "Once a safety-defect determination is made, the law gives the manufacturer three options for correcting the defect – repair, replacement, or refund. In the case of a vehicle recall, the manufacturer may choose to repair the vehicle at no charge; replace the vehicle with an identical or similar vehicle; or refund the purchase price in full, minus a reasonable allowance for depreciation. In the case of equipment, including tires and child safety seats, the manufacturer may either repair or replace the affected equipment at no charge to the consumer."

The steps may come under an equipment recall. I don't know about the hitch because it's probably listed as an option and any recall would be against its manufacturer via the installer.

Here is a link to the NHTSA document.

Motor Vehicle Defects and Safety Recalls: What Every Vehicle Owner Should Know | Safercar.gov | NHTSA
Old 01-24-2016, 12:19 PM   #3
Dahagen

I want the repair option. And therein lies the problem. I am living in the motorhome now and can't take it to a dealer many miles away and leave it for several days. And the tow hitch is standard factory installed equipment. Too bad an authorized mobile repair technician can't come to me.
'
dahagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 12:51 PM   #4
DDC

I'd call FR and put the ball in their court, the original dealer is gone the unit is in need of these repairs what are their suggestions.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recall, service