Old 06-11-2020, 09:55 PM   #1

Recalls & Warranties

I bought a 2020 Forest River Rockwood Ultralite from the original. Is there any warranty transfers and is there a registration so that I can get any recalls sent o me? After glancing through this forum, I have discovered there is a recall on my rv.

I would appreciate any information about what steps I need to take to let Forest River know that I'm the new owner.
Apsaunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 10:00 PM   #2
Site Team

Virtually no RV manufacturer has a transferable factory warranty. Now a third party extended warranty may be transferable.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 11:32 PM   #3
Site Team

Suggest that you put the model number of your trailer, in your profile, along with the 2020 Rockwood.
Not sure if you can register with the component manufacturers, which come with their own separate warranties, since you aren't the original owner. But their more likely to send out recalls, than FR is. Remember that RV manufacturers are actually more assemblers, than true manufacturers.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 10:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Suggest that you put the model number of your trailer, in your profile, along with the 2020 Rockwood.
Not sure if you can register with the component manufacturers, which come with their own separate warranties, since you aren't the original owner. But their more likely to send out recalls, than FR is. Remember that RV manufacturers are actually more assemblers, than true manufacturers.
"Remember that RV manufacturers are actually more assemblers, than true manufacturers."

And they manage to screw that up on a regular basis.
RetiredSoldier919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 03:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsaunders View Post
I bought a 2020 Forest River Rockwood Ultralite from the original. Is there any warranty transfers and is there a registration so that I can get any recalls sent o me? After glancing through this forum, I have discovered there is a recall on my rv.

I would appreciate any information about what steps I need to take to let Forest River know that I'm the new owner.
I have a 2020 Rockwood. What is the recall? I have not located any on my unit. Thank you
l001952119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Remember that RV manufacturers are actually more assemblers, than true manufacturers.
Bikedan, the following comments are not a complaint directed at you, but the RV industry. This statement is something the RV manufacturers, RV manufacturer associations, and RV magazines continue to try and purport and claim they have no responsibility for their products. Poppycock.

Guess what, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan, and every other auto manufacturer are not manufacturer either and are assemblers also. Takata makes most of the air bags for these manufacturers. Yanfeng Automotive Interiors in Holland, MI makes most of the interiors for these manufacturers. Aside from the frame, unibody, and sheet metal, the parts manufacturer list goes on and on. Do any of the car companies call themselves assemblers? No.

Oh and then the RV “assemblers” want to say, they build homes that are traveling down the road and subjected to 3.0-4.0 earthquakes. Because of this abuse by us, RV users, we are supposed to accept the fact that these vehicles are not expected to hold up very well.

Hmmm. I guess because I drive my Ford vehicles down the road and subject them to 3.0-4.0 earthquakes, I should expect the grill to fall off, the frame to twist and bend, or water to leak in the vehicle and not expect Ford to be responsible for what 36,000-60,000 miles or 3-5 years.

Why do we allow the RV manufacturers, RV associations, RV dealers, and RV proponents such as RV Life, Trailer life, Good Sam, and etc., to tell us this nonsense and accept it? The RV manufacturers know how their products are being used. They need to build them appropriately to withstand the anticipated uses and take responsibility. The RV industry should be embarrassed by their products and their behavior.

Again, Bikedan, these comments are to be directed at the RV industry.
wszApex245 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recall