Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2017, 02:36 PM   #1

Riverstone recall

Any other Riverstone owners receive their recall notice that the spare tire will not fit the hubs of the trailer because rim will not clear the disk brakes?
BessieHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:12 PM   #2

Yes just got mine last week and hope all I have to do is take the spare in to get a new wheel put on.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 08:08 AM   #3

Saaaaaa whhhhaaaaatttt?? Spare won't fit the hub on a top of the line unit??? Really?? That would really tick a person off if a need to use it arose!

I think most of us spending big money would gladly fork up the few bucks for a MATCHING rim. I am talking chrome vs cheap paint!!
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:14 PM   #4

Chrome, no, I want an aluminum rim to match!
BessieHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 07:57 AM   #5

Ok I heard from Jeff yesterday and they got the replacement wheels in, as per a earlier discussion we agreed to have the wheel shipped to me and I would arrange to have the remount done locally. Good news that I do not have to drag the camper into a dealer just for this. Forest River will pay for the remount as long as a copy of the receipt is sent and this also will prove the recall has been done, also he told me the old wheel does not need to be returned.
This is how I decided to handle our recall and with co-operation from Jeff & Forest River it is fine, not sure others want to do it this way but in my opinion why take the unit into a dealer plus we live in the east and do not want my unit on the salty roads right now.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recall