Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2017, 08:58 PM   #1

Tsb 68-0488

I just got this TSB on my 2017 FR3. It says the issue is a potential sealant issue on the roof. I will be calling my dealer in the a.m. we have a trip planned on the 15th. Does anyone know what the sealant issue is?
Fr3 Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:56 PM   #2

We were told yesterday, 10/5 that our dealer did not know what the issue was yet, nor how they were to fix it. They said they would check with FR and get back to us.

Also applies to some Georgetown models, BTW.
dmr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:55 PM   #3

My dealer says evidently the wrong sealent was applied at the factory. They are in the process of gathering what is needed for repairs from the Forest River factory. He also says there is some trim replacement envolved. He was also fairly convincing that it would be ok for me to take my upcoming trip. I am going to take it for their tech to take a look at my roof before I make my decision.
Fr3 Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:39 PM   #4

sealant issue recall

We also got a potential sealant issue recall letter on our 2017 FR3. It took awhile for the service tech to find the recall info. She said to expect to leave it with them for 2 weeks. That makes us a little nervous to leave it that long.
RVer1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:59 PM   #5

Roof Seals

I got the call today about this too. I already knew there was a problem with the sealer on the roof, because I noticed a small leak when we bought it. I had the service department do a fix, and realized that it wasn't just spots that were bad. I had areas of sealant that was just pulling off like it was the wrong type used on the fiberglass roof. I went ahead and cleaned everything that was loose and put new Dicor down. I am still going to have Forest River do their fix though. Not sure when we will be able to give them our RV though. We've been camping every two weeks or so
JoePK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 08:08 AM   #6

Got the recall too. Have appoinment for 10/27. Watching for anyones experience and/or details on the repairs.
msalyer is offline   Reply With Quote