Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2013, 04:54 PM   #1

Awesome Weekend Camping

Just thought I'd share a few pix from the weekend. This was one of the best Popped out all three bunk ends, used our popup gizmos for the first time (you guys were right, much easier than making our own) First night was chilly; down to about 48, used the mattress heaters and cozy comforters and did well. Heater only used when it got below about 60. Very comfy. Beautiful days in the mid 60's or so and we even went to the beach to enjoy some bbq and the sunset ~ doesn't get much better

One pic is outside showing misc stuff, but somehow it was funny that our Roo was parked just behind a great big Bounder. Almost made me want a bloomin' onion.... LOL

Two pix were taking from the front bunk. The campground was a nice snowbird park ~ Horseshoe Cove in Bradenton FL ~ and was located just west of I-75 on the Braden River. It was really neat to see all the manatees that hang out there in the winter; we also saw a hawk eat a fish about 30 feet up in a tree ~ amazing bird.

More adventures to come ~ the campground was $45 a night, a Carefree cg, very nice, very clean, families welcome and less expensive off season. Will def go back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0251.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	26820   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0253.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	26821   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0255.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	26822   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0260.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	26823   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0267.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	26824  

Old 03-31-2013, 04:58 PM   #2

Glad to hear you had a great weekend! Beautiful sunset!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancythecamper View Post
Just thought I'd share a few pix from the weekend. This was one of the best Popped out all three bunk ends, used our popup gizmos for the first time (you guys were right, much easier than making our own) First night was chilly; down to about 48, used the mattress heaters and cozy comforters and did well. Heater only used when it got below about 60. Very comfy. Beautiful days in the mid 60's or so and we even went to the beach to enjoy some bbq and the sunset ~ doesn't get much better

One pic is outside showing misc stuff, but somehow it was funny that our Roo was parked just behind a great big Bounder. Almost made me want a bloomin' onion.... LOL

Two pix were taking from the front bunk. The campground was a nice snowbird park ~ Horseshoe Cove in Bradenton FL ~ and was located just west of I-75 on the Braden River. It was really neat to see all the manatees that hang out there in the winter; we also saw a hawk eat a fish about 30 feet up in a tree ~ amazing bird.

More adventures to come ~ the campground was $45 a night, a Carefree cg, very nice, very clean, families welcome and less expensive off season. Will def go back.
Nice pics. I like the location of your tv over the cook top, 2012's had them over the sofa which wasted cabinet space and had bad viewing angles.

Like the open feel of the bunks, especially when you can unzip the canvas.
Local Ohio CGs - West Branch SP
4kmprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #4

Agreed ~ it was one of my favorite features. I definitely can see where folks enjoy being out in nature in these types of trailers. I'm noticing that like I never did in a typical hard side unit. May even work up the nerve to dry camp some day
Old 04-01-2013, 11:51 PM   #5

Ummm... Hey! That looks exactly like MY camper except that it has an ironing board and some other stuff I dont recognize. Seriously....an ironing board? Thats dedication. Lots of room in there like you guys say. Amazing what happens when you drop those beds and push that slide out....transformation. Last year when we camped in the popup there was little to no room and I would flip a coin between bringing a tooth brush or deodorant. I might bring both this year with the new camper.

Hope you get it out and do some dry camping! Take it into the woods...or jungle! ;-)

https://instagram.com/pineforestcamper#
----------------------------------------
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #6

Remember the ironing board as a table conversation? I use it for counter space, to eat at the sofa or even as a bedside table when we fold out the sofa and dinette. It's crazy how much space it affords then folds away to nothing flat!

Yes, I want to go to the woods. Something about bugs..... eeeek
Old 04-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #7

Oh my yes. How could I forget the conversation about the ironing board. It really stays in place there when you close the slide? I talked to friends in Ft Myers today....missed not going this year. Got me thinking about camping down there. Are you going to camp right in the middle of the summer?

https://instagram.com/pineforestcamper#
----------------------------------------
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:10 AM   #8

Actually, I store the IB, a couple of foldable tables, and a few other things in the little nook where you climb into the back bunk on the floor.

We'll see how it goes as we get into the summer months. We do have trips planned thru May. You can comfortably camp in RV parks ~ your friend probably has some great recommendations, always wanted to try the Red Coconut in Ft Myers ~ I would just avoid places known to be really buggy. Camping on the beach is about my favorite place in the world anyway, Sarasota has a county park named Turtle Beach that is very basic, no pool, but it does have full hookups, shaded picnic areas and walks directly onto the beach. The seabreezes help ward off bugs.

I am curious to see my impressions of it the first time we get into a really strong thunderstorm down here. One of our thoughts with this TT was that if it is just 2 of us, we don't have to pop out the beds, we can just make the dinette into a bed. I think that feature will make it usable throughout the summer.

While summer is probably prime camping season up north of here, for us this is prime season. The rates are pretty high and there is still availability but not like there will be in July; so we will probably take advantage of the lower occupancy and rates even if it is hotter than 40 blazes!

I'm excited for you guys, I really do like ours a lot. We popped out all three bunks this weekend and had 4 adults staying in there and it was fine.