Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2017, 12:07 AM   #1

De-winterizing 2016 rockwood roo23ws

Pump seems like it has a lot of air in line. Pump Will not shut off. Any ideas? Tried different ways water heater full, water tank full see zero leaks.
5d16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:26 AM   #2

Mine takes a while to get all the air out, must be a lot of air in these things, I usually hook the water hose to the house a couple of times and keep going back and forth between hose hook up and just the pump.

It usually takes 2 or 3 days for me to get my pump to shut off, it sounds like it almost is going to stop but finally it shuts off.

I then leave the pump switch on all season, except when I am at the campground hooked up to the fresh water supply. Keep trying it should build it's required back pressure and stop.

Also, keep looking and listening for water running, just in case there is a leak someplace.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:56 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5d16 View Post
Pump seems like it has a lot of air in line. Pump Will not shut off. Any ideas? Tried different ways water heater full, water tank full see zero leaks.
Did you Purge/Bleed the outside shower,the Toilet,the shower,both sinks,the low point drains? Any or all of these can cause Pump to act that way! Suction side of pump winterizing valve issue can also be culprit for Lots of Air in lines! But a Hidden Leak can also cause a Pump to Not shut off or Off and On if a Smaller Leak! Youroo!!
Old 04-30-2017, 09:55 AM   #4

There are 4 valves, intake and exit of water heater, by pass water heater and antifreeze inlet/water thank.
The antifreeze valve needs to be set to tank, the by pass closed and the other two open.
Also, you need to have water in your thank.
Just did mine this week and got the same result you got and the problem was that the antifreeze valve was set to entifreeze inlet not to the thank.
After set it to the thank it primed really fast.

" Life is simpler when you plow around the stump..."
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:03 AM   #5

I drain the main fresh water tank of antifreeze, then fill with fresh water and run the faucet and shower head to flush the system. I repeat a few times until the water runs completely clear. Never had a problem with air in the system because it is always full of anti freeze.

Disclaimer: The actual value of my "Two Cents" of advice varies just like a bitcoin.
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:41 AM   #6
Take The Road Less Travld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainframe View Post
Mine takes a while to get all the air out, must be a lot of air in these things, I usually hook the water hose to the house a couple of times and keep going back and forth between hose hook up and just the pump.

It usually takes 2 or 3 days for me to get my pump to shut off, it sounds like it almost is going to stop but finally it shuts off.

I then leave the pump switch on all season, except when I am at the campground hooked up to the fresh water supply. Keep trying it should build it's required back pressure and stop.

Also, keep looking and listening for water running, just in case there is a leak someplace.
2-3 days???
When de-winterizing my Roo, I will hook up my city water and flush all the lines. There will be no air in the lines at this point. I will then partially fill the fresh water tank and tun on the pump with nothing open. (make sure you switch the valve from the winterizing intake to the fresh water tank. Otherwise it will run forever dry). Once the pump stops running which is about 1 minute or less, then I flush one faucet at a time. Clearing out any remaining antifreeze from the pump and lines. The pump will shut off almost immediately after I turn off the water at each valve. Turn off the pump, releave pressure from lines by opening 1 faucet and then open water heater lines. You can flush out the water heater if you want as well. I use the city water hook up for this. Done!

If the pump continue to run when all valves are closed, there is a leak somewhere. Either lower drain lines, the outside shower is on or something. It will also run if there is not enough water in the tank.

May is here, time for me to de-winterise now too
I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
Gotta love the Outdoors, Disconnect and Enjoy Nature!
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddauberE View Post
2-3 days???
When de-winterizing my Roo, I will hook up my city water and flush all the lines. There will be no air in the lines at this point. I will then partially fill the fresh water tank and tun on the pump with nothing open. (make sure you switch the valve from the winterizing intake to the fresh water tank. Otherwise it will run forever dry). Once the pump stops running which is about 1 minute or less, then I flush one faucet at a time. Clearing out any remaining antifreeze from the pump and lines. The pump will shut off almost immediately after I turn off the water at each valve. Turn off the pump, releave pressure from lines by opening 1 faucet and then open water heater lines. You can flush out the water heater if you want as well. I use the city water hook up for this. Done!

If the pump continue to run when all valves are closed, there is a leak somewhere. Either lower drain lines, the outside shower is on or something. It will also run if there is not enough water in the tank.

May is here, time for me to de-winterise now too
Why not flush all the faucets while on City water also? Youroo!!
Old 05-01-2017, 10:05 AM   #8

When I have this problem with air causing the pump to continue running I have found that I have air in my water filter. Once I loosen the water filter and push the air out my system has normalized and the pump will stop.

Easy to completely set up the water system and forget to purge the filter.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:10 AM   #9

Next year I am going to flush the lines with my hose from the house, that will work better than using the pump, good idea.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:04 PM   #10
Summer2Go

De-winterizing 2016 rockwood roo23ws

I didn't put the filter in til I had all the dewinterization, and sanitation done, worked fine. .... I forgot to get a new filter, so I put it in later.
Summer2Go is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood, rockwood roo, roo, winter