I just went through this with my new dish tailgater in our 2016 Surveyor. First, if you have the setup for cable in two sites, living room and bedroom, that means you have a splitter somewhere in the line. A splitter prevents the signal and necessary electric current, to reach the satellite dish. Our Surveyor has such a situation, so I removed the panels above where the tv mounts and found the three red cables for cable/ satellite as labeled on the rig. I don't have a tv in the bedroom and don't plan to, so was not concerned about having that capacity, so I removed each cable connection and, one by one, hooked them to the dish receiver. The final, and shortest, cable was the one that worked and sent signal and juice to the dish and it worked great. I went to ace hardware and got a cable to cable connector, drilled a hole in the panel and connected the live wire to the dish on one side and the cable from the receiver to the other and it worked fine. You do have to have the clear, unobstructed view to the south, no trees. The dish searches every fifteen minutes for the satellite so it's making noise regularly.
This sounds like a pain, and it was, but worth it. UNtil the RV industry and satellite companies fix the problem, which is in the wiring (which worked fine for cable), then owners will have to make adjustments to the system. I'm not sure how to do that if you want satellite at more than one site. BTW, I didn't alter the antenna so that should be unchanged.