Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #1

First trip - insect swarm

We just picked up a Roo 233S on Thursday and somehow made it on the road on Friday for our first trip. Fantastic findings at Lake McConaughey in Nebraska, but one MAJOR issue - both nights, we've had literal SWARMS of insects inside the trailer, drawn to the light. No idea how they are getting in. Even with roof vents closed, tent ends fully zipped, dinette windows closed, door closed, they still make it in somewhere and I can't find out where. The only windows open are the flip up windows on the street side, but I don't see them coming in there and don't see any holes where they could make it in. Mosquitoes, gnats, flies, nothing much larger, but the mosquitoes are large enough that there should be no way for them to make it through a screen.

I don't seem to see other posts of people having this problem. Where else should I look for how they are making it in?
Jackrats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:24 AM   #2
Submarines once..........

We had an issue like that on the first trip in our 233S but they were all very small. So we chalked it up to the insects being able to fit through the screens because the windows were open. We had no issues the next night though so I am not sure what was happening. Maybe the factory has an insect problem.
63 Nights in 2012! 8 Nights and counting in 2013
Four high energy Little Girls!:
melbornj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:42 AM   #3

I use a ThermaCell repellant lantern at the door of our TT to keep the bugs from entering when we enter or exit.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:31 AM   #4

When I HAD MY TENT TRAILER I HAD MAJOR ISSUES WITH FLIES AND MOSQUITOS > I was always carrying tons of little pieces of rags to plug small holes around the tent ends. Make sure that there is no small opening around the joints near the zippers etc. I invested into a electronic insects killer. It helped a bit. Every small openings will let these undesirables creatures find their way inside spoilling the fun.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote