Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2021, 02:48 PM   #1

Frame cracked Roo 183

Just had my 2018 Rockwood ROO 183 inspected and the frame is cracked in front and behind the wheels both sides. Going to have to plate and weld both sides. It's where the supports are welded. Three years old. Any thoughts?
brianhvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 09:03 PM   #2

Welcome from New Jersey, Can you post some pictures?
Chris Pastuzyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 09:58 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhvac View Post
Just had my 2018 Rockwood ROO 183 inspected and the frame is cracked in front and behind the wheels both sides. Going to have to plate and weld both sides. It's where the supports are welded. Three years old. Any thoughts?
I believe the frame is a Lippert and they have a 5 or 6 year warranty for the original owner. You should have paperwork for it, in your owners packet.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 01:14 AM   #4

2nd owners but will check.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210501_095624.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	313.2 KB
ID:	253349   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210501_095639.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	253350  
brianhvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 02:07 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhvac View Post
2nd owners but will check.
Hate to say this but the warranty doesn't transfer.
But you should still if they'll help you out. Stranger things have happened.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 03:02 AM   #6
Retired Old Fart

Contact Forest River. I had similar issues with my Freedom Express and I was the 2nd owner. Lippert sent out a field repair truck and they spent 2 days working on mine. Plated it and also added steel tubing under the existing frame for additional re-enforcement. Only thing was I had to get the bottom plastic off and they shipped me a new replacement which I had to get back on. That was fun (not!!!!!). But they did step up for a 2nd owner in my case.

Forest River will ask for photos. They will also want a photo of the frame identification sticker (not the VIN, but a big sticker which was on the entry side near the front of my frame). Also look for other evidence of cracking in the powder coating. The rust is usually easy to spot and also an indicator of a long term ongoing issue (it did not just crack recently). My damage was worse than yours and the frame had actually shifted/bent due to the loss of strength from the cracking/rust. Repair guy got it back in alignment to 1/16" across the entire frame though.

I forget who it was I was referred to at Forest River, but once I had the right guy, he handled it all and put me in touch with Lippert who just needed to schedule their mobile repair truck to come out. The Lippert tech was real nice and knowledgeable and his truck was well equipped.
dward51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crack, frame, rockwood, roo