Old 11-09-2019, 08:16 PM   #1
LIW

heater problem

We have a FR hybrid - 3 beds. The unit is just a few years old and the furnace (7920 hydroflame/Atwood) appears to be short cycling. It will run for a minute then turn off, fan blows, then restart and run for just another 30-60 seconds. This cycle continues But it never gets to the set temp and turns off. It has one vent at the front of the furnace where the air comes out.

Recently took it to the dealer and they indicated the high limit switch and thermostat were ok - so i'm assuming that checked out. They indicated it could be ducted to a 2nd location to get some of the hot air out more quickly, but couldn't guarantee it would fix the problem.

Any suggestions for what to check? or other other possible fixes? Very frustrated and would like to have my heater available for spring/fall camping as box heaters only do so much.

LIW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 08:11 AM   #2

It sounds to me like the sail switch and or the combustion blower motor is not coming up to speed. check out the diagrams here. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/hflamefurn04.pdf good luck let the forum know what the fix is.

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 08:18 AM   #3

What about a plugged exhaust? Sometimes critters can put a nest in there. A plugged vent will shut off the heater.
KKonyha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 08:47 AM   #4
LIW

we've checked the vents thoroughly and have not seen any evidence of it being blocked or clogged in any way...
LIW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 10:13 AM   #5
rbq

When I had my popup I had a similar problem. The solution was to remove the furnace and open it up. The sail switch was a small little metal lever. My brother took a piece of duct tape and put on the switch making the surface area larger and we never had a problem with the furnace working properly again.

Tags
heater