Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2017, 01:08 PM   #21

home Depot link

Mold Armor 32 oz. Instant Mold and Mildew Stain Remover-FG502 - The Home Depot

Amazon link

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CSF44G...mstreat_c_sav0

Quote:
Only Home Armor product I see is a house wash. Most mold cleaning and eradication products on HD website are called Mold Armor.
Mold Armor is NOT the same product... I tested it against Home Armor in post #1

Quick story...
I tried to sell my popup in the late spring 2014... had it up in my yard for people to see. Moist rainy weather, mold grew almost every day in the heat inside the open tent. Needed to keep windows only cracked to prevent rain from getting in. People would come over and retch at all the mold spots on the inside. I would shoot some Home Armor at the spots, and take my big box fan inside to dry it out and vent the bleach smell, and it was good to go for another day. Did this for 5-6 days and then it sold for asking price... clean from mold.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:05 PM   #22

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3166.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	195.7 KB
ID:	155903Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3169.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	155904
Works well on the white bunk end latches as well!
Marine3038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 04:41 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post

Mold Armor is NOT the same product... I tested it against Home Armor in post #1
According to the Home Armor website, it is now the same thing:

Home Armor | Home Armor®

And our Lowes has replaced the Mold Armor with Home Armor, but the bottles are identical except for the name.

but, then if you go to the Mold Armor website, they say its for professionals, but the only product I see on there (and you can buy it directly from them) is a non-bleach formula.

Professional Mold Solutions | Mold Remover & Disinfectant RTU

I'm confused, but I tried the non-bleach version first and it did nothing for the cloth parts of our tent ends. The bleach version got them looking new in about 5 minutes. So whatever they call it, it worked!

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 06:16 PM   #24

KMP44...
thanks for sorting this out...

Quote:
I'm confused, but I tried the non-bleach version first and it did nothing for the cloth parts of our tent ends. The bleach version got them looking new in about 5 minutes. So whatever they call it, it worked!
If you don't get the bleach smell from whatever product you have it will not work as well... a few minutes is all it takes to rid yourself of the black mold stains.

It should say 2X on the bottle Home Armor or Mold Armor
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2x.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	155929  

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 06:14 PM   #25

rsdata is 100% right... We used Mold Armor to take the mildew off the interior canvas of our Roo 21ss today, and it worked like a charm! The canvas looks as new as the day we brought it home.

Here's what we learned: They're serious about the gloves, old clothes, eye protection, and and mask advice; this stuff has a heavy chlorine content that will ruin your clothes, and probably won't do your skin, eyes and lungs any good either.

Also, spray it at a shallow angle to get as much of the product on the canvas during your first application as you can. The spray bottle has a tight cone, even at 8-10" away from the canvas. In a few minutes, you'll see the spots you missed! It took us two applications per bunk to catch it all.

This is good stuff, imo. I wish that every cure & gizmo for RV's that I've purchased worked this well!
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 05:05 PM   #26

HOME ARMOR Mold Stain killer from HDepot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
rsdata is 100% right... We used Mold Armor to take the mildew off the interior canvas of our Roo 21ss today, and it worked like a charm! The canvas looks as new as the day we brought it home.

Here's what we learned: They're serious about the gloves, old clothes, eye protection, and and mask advice; this stuff has a heavy chlorine content that will ruin your clothes, and probably won't do your skin, eyes and lungs any good either.

Also, spray it at a shallow angle to get as much of the product on the canvas during your first application as you can. The spray bottle has a tight cone, even at 8-10" away from the canvas. In a few minutes, you'll see the spots you missed! It took us two applications per bunk to catch it all.

This is good stuff, imo. I wish that every cure & gizmo for RV's that I've purchased worked this well!

Mold armour is not available in Canada but I found concrobium duo blast from Home Depot works very well. Regular concrobium not as effective as the duo blast.
Mr Canoehead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mold