Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2014, 10:32 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin View Post
Here is your best deal. Product world - Melitta Pour-Over 1-Cup Brew Cone Black - Melitta Buy the filters at walmart, nobody has them cheaper. Total cost per cup, probably. $.08 cents per cup. Nice and hot too. Those kurigs are a rip off if you ask me. This way you control the strength per cup.

Hey another good idea. Thank you. Question... How long does it take to filter through for a cup?
CDNWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:41 PM   #22

About 1 minute. They work great. Easy clean up, just dispose of the grounds and the filter in one shot. Bought ours at a kitchen gadget store in a mall. Cost about $5 bucks.
Glad to help out.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:44 PM   #23

Aerobie Press. Use your rocket stove, hot pot, micro wave, campfire rock, whatever... best coffee maker ever. I own two. One at home and one dedicated to the camper.
wellsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:44 PM   #24

I'm a coffee hound. I've had a lot of drip makers over the year, but purchased a Keurig a while back. I use Eko-brew (Reuseable K Cup Filter | Ekobrew) cups that I load with my own coffee instead of the expensive k-cups.

DW Kat bought me a new "iCoffee" maker for the trailer to replace the old Mr. Coffee drip that traveled with us. (iCoffee - Home). it uses steam to help brew. If you ask me, they re-invented the percolator. It does make a good cup of joe, stronger than normal.
Red Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:18 PM   #25

We use a press, but always carry some Starbucks instant (it has come a LONG way from the old Folgers/Sanka days) for a quick cup (not a huge Starbucks fan, but this stuff is actually very good)

chumis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:20 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNWhiskey View Post
This looks very cool. Great idea. Does it work very well ?
Amazon.com: Cafejo MFP011KBRZI My French Press K-Cup Single Cup Brewer: Kitchen & Dining[/QUOTE]

Yes it works very well, this has a lot of advantages versus a coffeemaker or actual Keurig machine

Pros: very light weight, 15.5 oz, yes, I weighed mine
Its also dishwasher safe, easier to clean, will take Keurig cups(so many choices to choose not just coffee), no coffee grinds to clean up or splash over your trailer when throwing it out. Easy to store away because it's small and does not take up a counter space. It can fit inside a drawer, the Kcups take less space too and you can travel with select variety from teas, hot chocolate, coffee etc.
The blue part is microwave safe(or you can just boil water in a pot and pour in). You can put it in a backpack for hiking. I paid $36 for mine with free shipping. I love mine and would recommend it.

Cons: none I can think of so far
Days camped in 2015-18, 0 Days so far
Days camped in 2019, (8)
This Space for Rent
Night Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:21 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumis View Post
We use a press, but always carry some Starbucks instant (it has come a LONG way from the old Folgers/Sanka days) for a quick cup (not a huge Starbucks fan, but this stuff is actually very good)

Good to know.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:10 AM   #28

We tried them all and went back to our good old Hamilton Beach
PERCOLATOR,
electric of course.
One in the S&B and one in the RV with Kirkland Java Club beans .
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:20 AM   #29

We used the Coleman stove top for years (until the wife dropped the carafe early one morning . We found if you could get the flame turned up high enough it wasn't too slow at all. If you are using propane, it could be your issue. If you used the old pump stove and fuel type, you can get enough flame to replicate an electric brewer.

I was drawn to this thread because this morning we are leaving for our first trip with the K-cup brewer for the same reasons as many mentioned above. We had enough years of roughing it...
tanddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:03 PM   #30

Do a search for "Let's Talk Coffee". Lots of suggestions there.
acsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:50 AM   #31

Yes it works very well, this has a lot of advantages versus a coffeemaker or actual Keurig machine

Pros: very light weight, 15.5 oz, yes, I weighed mine

Its also dishwasher safe, easier to clean, will take Keurig cups(so many choices to choose not just coffee), no coffee grinds to clean up or splash over your trailer when throwing it out. Easy to store away because it's small and does not take up a counter space. It can fit inside a drawer, the Kcups take less space too and you can travel with select variety from teas, hot chocolate, coffee etc.

The blue part is microwave safe(or you can just boil water in a pot and pour in). You can put it in a backpack for hiking. I paid $36 for mine with free shipping. I love mine and would recommend it.

Cons: none I can think of so far[/QUOTE]

Ordered one last night. Hardly wait.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:29 PM   #32

I use a Drip-O-Lator... they work great when no electricity is available. See: Vtg Revere Ware Pre 1968 Drip O Lator Coffee Pot Clean Amp Shiny | eBay

Make sure you get one in stainless steel and not aluminum
optipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNWhiskey View Post
I really enjoy my morning coffee in the woods but I need suggestions about brewing coffee ... I normally camp without power so options are limited. I've done the old stand by perk, I've used a coffee press, I have a Coleman stove top drip ... Does anyone have any other options I should consider? The stove top drip is ok but it's so slow - I think it sits too high from the burner. What else is out there ?
Coffee percolator, if it works why try and fix it?

I have one of those Enamelware percolator from like 15 years ago it still make dang good coffee.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:50 PM   #34

I'm surprised the Aeropress did not get more ink...

Easy to use, easy to clean and makes extraordinary coffee.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0047B...&robot_redir=1

At $25 it's a steal.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 06-20-2014, 02:00 PM   #35

I have gone through a few pots over the last decade. Standard mr coffee, then a bunn phase brew (looked cool, but was all over the place on temps. Recently I purchased a Bonavita 1800 thermal coffee pot. It brews constantly, quickly and does not have a warming plate, just a thermal carafe. It's super simple, no timer, clock. Just a power switch.

In the camper is a cheap mr coffee 5 cup with Aldi "doughnut store" brand coffee in paper cups. Sometimes simple And cheap is All you need.
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:54 PM   #36

Cafejo MFP011KBRZI My French Press K-Cup Single Cup Brewer
Cafejo (2)

Just bought this one and gave it a first try. Very easy with great coffee. Very happy!

Also ordered a Melitta one cup pour over as mentioned. Just to have the option of using loose ground coffee.
Old 06-21-2014, 04:09 AM   #37

Aeropress works great, gives you complete control, inexpensive, and just requires a source of hot water.
rbneron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:58 PM   #38

Try using a Melita coffee filter. You can heat water in a pot over a fire or an you stove.

Tim
lefaivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:03 PM   #39
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arefbee View Post
I actually gave up coffee as an experiment and found that my blood pressure has been better for it. I may fall asleep and the keybbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
keyboard once in a while is all.
We have not gone Keurig at home yet so any maker for the woods would be auto-drip:
Amazon.com : Coleman Portable Propane Coffeemaker : Camping Coffee And Tea Pots : Home & Kitchen

We have one of them for the times when we have no power to run the Keurig.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 11:44 AM   #40

We use this one http://m.llbean.com/product.html?&sk...47025080#63535

And a lexan French press (also by GSI I believe). Small and light enough to carry both. The cone drip is easier to clean because you dump the grounds and the filter out together. Getting all the loose grounds out of the press is a pain sometimes.
Jonesclarinet is offline   Reply With Quote