Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2011, 08:23 AM   #1

Question on switching out bunk end clamps

Hey everyone, my name is Aaron and I'm new to the forum. I am also new to the Hybrid Trailer scene, although not new to camping. I've been enjoying camping ever since I was a small child.

I have searched the forum and the internet and found many (and very useful) posts on how to change my "screw-type" bunk end clamps to the Fastec locking kind. When I bought my trailer, a 2002 Salem Lite, one was missing and one is seized up, so I decided when replacing them, to do so with the better style.

I have read that the part numbers I need are 65004-100 for the cargo vise, and 65006-100 for the bar itself. I called Fastec and looked at their online catalogue, and they said that the bar only swings up and down (and does not swivel in and out as I have seen on many of the posts I looked at). Has anyone ordered these part numbers lately? Maybe the catalogue has the wrong picture (or a general picture).

If they don't sell the kind that swivel in and out, will the style they do sell work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Currey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
expandable, hybrid, salem