Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2017, 12:21 PM   #1

Rockwood Roo 233S Organization/Hacks

I got my 2017 233S last year, and we loved camping with it. But I find I'm constantly rearranging or unhappy with where I store things.

We've added in a couple hacks like 3M hooks in the cabinet above the sink to put in an extra shelf, baskets in the under cabinets by the rear beds, etc. But I would love to know where you store what in your unit, or any hacks you have found that work really well to maximize your space or use.
Shawny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:29 PM   #2

We have a 2015 so I'm not sure its the same. We built shelves into the closet and store our clothes and towels in there. Pillows, sheets and blankets are rolled up an go in the net storage above the bunks. The storage under the side bunk has coffee pot, toaster, paper towels and misc. baskets of stuff. Dishes, cups, paper plates etc. are in the cabinet above the sofa. The drawer under the dinette has the bunk fans and assorted stuff. We put cup hooks on the side of the cabinet/oven and hang keys, sunglasses etc. While we are camping we put bags, hats etc in the overhead bins. We never use the shower so we put a hamper bag in there for dirty clothes. I've been trying to get rid of stuff I started with and found we don't use. We actually have room in there now.

2015 Shamrock 233S
2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
jmh1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:23 PM   #3

We do not use our shower either (it's just too claustrophobic for me) and we mostly dry camp anyway, so I have a laundry basket in there to put shoes in, and I hung a soft-side hamper for our dirty laundry.I store all the sheets, blankets and pillows under the dinette. We put our griddle for the grill in the weird cabinet under the TV and a small toolbag with zipties, wrenches, screwdrivers in there too. In the cabinet by the front bunk we have the bag with the electric cord, the bag with the manuals for everything in the camper, and a bag with extra batteries. Under the front bunk I have my caddy for the plates/napkins/silverware, a shoebox size rubbermaid tub with flashlights/headlamps/etc., and and a larger LED lantern. Under the couch we have the stuff we access from outside like my mat, wiffle ball and bats, the tray for the side of the camper, the jack wrench, stuff like that. I have my pots and pans in the bottom section of the pantry cupboard. I purchased long, narrow bins for the pantry so I can just pull that out rather than reaching waaaaaay back for what I need. Where I do not have those, I bought a long shelf in the kitchen organization section of Walmart just to give a little height on one side of one of the pantry shelves. I store extra papertowels in the sections of the overhead bins above the front and rear bunk in that weird hidden space (I figured anythign else would get lost in there!) And I put some of the "nickel looking" 3M hooks on the entrance side of the cabinet above the couch and that's where we hang the keys to the camper AND the truck. My hubs took an old wooden cutting board I had, figured out where the grates on the stovetop would fall, and added some rubber "feet" to the bottom. We put that on the stovetop and it doesn't move at all. We even travel like that. We put it on the closed glass top, never slides, and when we have that open (when we are at our destination) we just leave the cutting board on the stovetop and it doesn't move bc the feet fit in the grates perfectly.
Boojca1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
233, 233s, rockwood, rockwood roo, roo