Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2021, 08:41 AM   #1

Roo 233s outdoor sink mod

Hello everyone

I have a 2021 233s. My plan is to turn the outdoor brackets for the grill into an outdoor sink. Do not want to grill that close to the camper. Majority says not to.

However I bought a stainless steel sink and plumbing accessories do use for that spot. For hot and cold water I used the low point drains right underneath. I attached two shut off valves and reconnected the low point drain plugs below that. As of now Iím going to drain the sink into a 7 gallon water bucket. However I would love to figure out a way to run a pipe underneath to drain out the other side.

The bottom of the camper is insulated with the liner. I do not want to cut into that tie into the drain plus I wouldnít have enough slope. Anybody have any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	91E1978B-DB00-442E-8CA8-32B0D73C136E.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	399.3 KB
ID:	253526  
Padison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 08:59 AM   #2

What majority says not to use the BBQ. Do you really think the Mfg would continue to provide such if there were real vice perceived problems with the provide BBQs. I use mine every chance I get. JMHO

I would use a flexible hose off the bottom of the sink run under the rig to a 15 quart oil drain style pan (like used with diesel truck oil change) allows for drop and easy draining when breaking camp.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 09:42 AM   #3

Not a bad idea for the oil pan however Iím gonna try my best to have to get away from the dump. Thank you

Yes I guess I shouldíve clarified I do use The skillet that comes with it. I just put it on A stand beside the trailer.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:51 AM   #4

something to consider if you do plumb it to the gray or black tank make sure you add a check valve close to the tank to prevent back flow as the tank fills. another way may be to run a small discharge pump off the bottom of the sink to a 1/2 line up thru the floor by a bathroom sink or kitchen sink with a check valve to the sink plumbing. with a quick connect fitting fastened to the underside of your rig. Just a thought
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 11:52 AM   #5

Good idea!! Iíll have to look into that
Old 05-04-2021, 01:54 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padison View Post
Hello everyone

I have a 2021 233s. My plan is to turn the outdoor brackets for the grill into an outdoor sink. Do not want to grill that close to the camper. Majority says not to.

However I bought a stainless steel sink and plumbing accessories do use for that spot. For hot and cold water I used the low point drains right underneath. I attached two shut off valves and reconnected the low point drain plugs below that. As of now Iím going to drain the sink into a 7 gallon water bucket. However I would love to figure out a way to run a pipe underneath to drain out the other side.

The bottom of the camper is insulated with the liner. I do not want to cut into that tie into the drain plus I wouldnít have enough slope. Anybody have any ideas?
What majority are you referring to? I've been on various RV forums for 16 years and your view is in the minority.
I have no problem with you deciding that you don't want to use it that way, it's your perogitive. But it's not true that the majority says not to.
We used the grill on our Roo 23SS for 10 years until we sold it. Never had any issues nor damage.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 06:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Not a bad idea for the oil pan however Iím gonna try my best to have to get away from the dump. Thank you
Not sure how legally your gonna get away from a dump somewhere... even gray water is not allowed to be dumped at a regulated campsite... now if you are just rinsing your hands off with clear water with bio-degradable soap, then I suppose disposal of a bucket of water somewhere not real near the campsite would pass, but you don't need a sink to accomplish that...

however, if your washing dishes, bathing the baby, or cleaning fish, that gray waste water needs to go to the dump station...

maybe you need something like this portable tank that you can pull to the dump station and then store on the rack on the way home
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	camcorhino tank.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	253631   Click image for larger version

Name:	camco tote rack.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	253632  

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 06:22 PM   #8

I love that idea. That way Iím not dumping the 7gal jug more frequently

👍
Old 05-11-2021, 06:20 PM   #9
Ben f

I really like your set up! I agree an outdoor sink is a real necessity so I bought this table
With sink built in. I bought garden hose adapters to tie into my outdoor shower so I can hang my sprayer on the sink for dishes. I would have never thought to use the low point drains! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0117.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	254267
benf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 08:50 PM   #10

I like that out door sink station. For the low point drains I just used shark bite Teeís and shut off valves. Work out great!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	8A0C9B2D-408F-4EF9-BEDD-A3C3FC9DCF73.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	254274  

Tags
233, 233s, door, roo, sink