Old 03-08-2020, 02:43 PM   #1

Shower skylight water

We just got our new to us Roo 19. During the PDI it was cold and cloudy so we DDT I'd not see this issue. We have had 2 days of warm sunny weather. I went up top to spray the shower skylight with white pasti-dip to keep the heat down in the summer.

I found that there is considerable water vapor in the skylight on the inside of the bubble and on the outside of the flat plastic piece that is in the shower. Anyone have thoughts on where the water is coming from?

My plan is to remove the bubble and wipe everything down. Then coat any exposed plywood with epoxy in case it happens again. I might remove the inner plastic and stick some damp rid up there to speed the drying.

2020 Rockwood Roo 19
2012 F150 SuperCrew Ecoboost
hobienick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 03:00 PM   #2

Without seeing it, hard to say. If there are gaps between the top plastic cover and the bottom that allow air into it from the attic area, could just be condensation from a temp difference inside and out.

Could also be a leak around the edge of the sealant on the top cover allowing water down into the skylight.

After checking both for hairline cracks, I think I would reseal the roof top cover very well, open the inside and seal any roof access points in between with some aluminum tape like you would for AC ducting and continue to monitor to see if it persists.

Old 03-08-2020, 09:31 PM   #3

I took another look at it and found a small crack in the bubble at the edge of the sealant.

It may be time to remove the inner platic layer in the shower to try and dry it out before I remove the bubble to replace.

Hopefully the bubble doesn't cost much.

2020 Rockwood Roo 19
2012 F150 SuperCrew Ecoboost
hobienick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 10:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobienick View Post
I took another look at it and found a small crack in the bubble at the edge of the sealant.

It may be time to remove the inner platic layer in the shower to try and dry it out before I remove the bubble to replace.

Instead of putting platidip on the inside of the bubble canopy I put widow tint on the flat insert. Reduces the heat considerably. I also had condensation (although minor) that was because the flat insert wasnít centered so moisture got through a gap.
simiHal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 11:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobienick View Post

Glad you got to the bottom of it!

Tags
light, show, shower, skylight, water