Old 07-13-2020, 09:08 AM   #1

Took the new 233S for its 2nd trip...

We took our 233S out for its second trip. This time in the high desert heat. Didn't think it would be over 100 at the lake already when I made the reservation, but it was a good test.

This is our second hybrid, so we're familiar with the limits of the AC with the bunk ends, but I was hoping the 15k but unit would make a difference. Unfortunately, with the 3rd bunk, the AC couldn't keep up. I also think the newer canvas is thinner than our old one. So, we had thought about the pop-up gizmos before, but we're definitely pulling the trigger now. May try the reflectix for the windows also.

Then, the fridge couldn't keep up either. The freezer was kicking, so I think it may be an adjustment thing. The clip for the thermistor isn't holding it well, but we were keeping it up high on the fin, as best we could. Didn't have an issue with it a couple of weeks ago, but that trip was much cooler. Is there a trick for how high it should be or for getting that clip to hold better? We pre cooled it for 24 hours level. Our old one had a dial control and never really struggled when pre cooled properly, although it was slightly smaller.

Also, on the rear bunk, the black plastic stop on the frame that the canvas support pole fits into, the round tab in the middle broke off. I'm guessing it's because it's difficult to push the pole straight in, so its pushing on the tab at an angle? Gotta replace that and be more careful in the future. And, on 2 of the fan/lights, 1 of the clips broke. Apparently we're going to have to be a lot more careful with those as well. I tend to pull them open a little and slide them over the pole, but someone else might've just pushed them on.

Does forest river sell individual replacement parts like those? Not going to take it in for minor things, but I hate leaving little things undone. They always accumulate so fast on a trailer, just like a house.
Jim_74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 08:10 AM   #2

I agree with the bunk canvas not being thick enough also being a lighter color they are very bright in the morning. We opted to try the solar blankets and clips from amazon than the gizmos, 2 years now and they worked great. We live in Wisconsin so we have a couple weekends where it is hot and humid and they helped greatly. They are also great in the spring/fall where the nights get cool, I just put the reflective side down to keep more heat in.

For the plastic ben clips we have also broken the back one. I found them at the link below but I also was in the area of a local dealer and they were cheaper so we purchased 2 just in case.

https://www.hannarv.com/P/21549/Fore...ectorBase2Pack

For the fridge I put a computer fan in the fridge and plugged it in the outlet right next to the fridge and it stays very cool and consistent.
Old 09-02-2020, 09:50 PM   #3

I just had the same issue with the plastic piece on the U pole support. Any luck finding a replacement?
Haleyd4695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 10:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haleyd4695 View Post
I just had the same issue with the plastic piece on the U pole support. Any luck finding a replacement?
Yep, ordered them at the link below. They come in pairs. I placed 2 orders and glad I did, because it broke again next trip out. That rear bunk is an issue with these prices. I think it's the angle. Have to be really careful. Good luck.

https://www.ebay.com/i/124293555489?...kaAsI7EALw_wcB
Old 09-21-2020, 10:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_74 View Post
Yep, ordered them at the link below. They come in pairs. I placed 2 orders and glad I did, because it broke again next trip out. That rear bunk is an issue with these prices. I think it's the angle. Have to be really careful. Good luck.

https://www.ebay.com/i/124293555489?...kaAsI7EALw_wcB
We just picked up our ROO 2 days ago. I ordered spares last night as well, from Hannarv. Overall not too many issues so far... I am sure we will find more on our maiden voyage here soon.

Did any of you have trouble with the outside side table? Ours will not hook on at all. It seems the screw heads on the table side prevent it from attaching to the rail as they stick out just a little to far... the center of the 3 screws may be sitting a tiny bit higher than the other two in the channel.
Wulfgott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfgott View Post
We just picked up our ROO 2 days ago. I ordered spares last night as well, from Hannarv. Overall not too many issues so far... I am sure we will find more on our maiden voyage here soon.

Did any of you have trouble with the outside side table? Ours will not hook on at all. It seems the screw heads on the table side prevent it from attaching to the rail as they stick out just a little to far... the center of the 3 screws may be sitting a tiny bit higher than the other two in the channel.
We've only had an issue with that piece on our rear bunk with the 233S, because you have install and remove the support bar at an angle. I'm going to set up the trailer soon to install the pop-up gizmos, and I'll put in a new connector then. Probably going to play with it a little and see if I can find a simple way to avoid breaking it. Thinking about filing the center tab piece down a little and/or tapering the end of that tab piece, so the pole can maybe slide on and off a little easier.

As far as the table, I don't believe ours attaches on the outside. There's a rail for the gas griddle to attach, but we don't use that and we carry one or two folding tables with us for the outside. The table in our old Jayco attached on the outside, but for us it was more trouble than it was worth.
2013 Ford F150 SCrew, 5.0L, max tow
Old: 2003 Jayco Kiwi 23D

Tags
233, 233s