Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2017, 09:26 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to eprovenzano Send a message via MSN to eprovenzano
Winter mod plans

What mods do you have planned for the winter months?

One mod I'm planning is to add an additional 15 amp breaker for an electrical outlet. I've found when cold weather camping, that with the 2 mattress heaters and an electrical heater running the breaker gets warm... not to the point to of tripping the breaker, as there's nothing wrong with the situation, but I'd like to spread the load over 2 breakers instead of one. The 12 volt and electrical breaker panel are directly under the refrigerator. There's plenty of space to add an outlet with a short run to the breaker box. The heater or anything with a significant electrical draw could then be plugged into the outlet, which would be the only thing on the breaker. Since the dinette table is next to the refrigeration, this outlet could also be used to power something on the dinette table... coffee pot, waffle iron, crock pot, etc.

I'm also going to mod my outdoor grill to run off of low pressure propane. Plans are to connect the grill to the camper, and this way I'll no longer need to carry the small bottles.

I need to look into the use of PUGS, or a homemade option. Once or twice we had to camp in some direct sunlight, and the bunk ends got a little warm. We usually are able to get a shaded spot, but we need to be prepared.

On my old popup, I added backup lights. Really came in handy a few times while trying to back onto a sight when it was dark. I'm going to look into the adding some to my HTT as well.

That's my list for now... what's your winter mod look like?
Old 10-30-2017, 05:32 PM   #2

PUGS are great in the shade too, they keep debris off your bunk ends and keep them clean.
2 in a Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 07:05 PM   #3
2016 Rockwood Roo 21dk

I got some room darkening curtains at Walmart, ran the outside tent pole thru the curtain pocket and bungee and hooked the other side. They work good for keeping heat in and shade on hot days

My off season project is throwing that Irv radio in the trash and putting in a pioneer touchscreen DVD radio with xm satellite. Also going to put a different faucet with a pull down sprayer and shower head. Also I got one of those folding fish/game tables with a sink at Menards and I will figure how to run it off the outdoor shower.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tapatalk_1499912368710.jpeg
Views:	308
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	164222
jaymemiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 07:10 PM   #4
2016 Rockwood Roo 21dk

I wired a led flood backup light last year.

As far a the grill, I have a blackstone 28" and I just got a different hose without the regulator for it, worked fine. But I've gone back to having an extra propane bottle for that grill and my propane burner I make morning coffee on.
jaymemiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:37 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to eprovenzano Send a message via MSN to eprovenzano
The adapter to remove the regulator from the grill (https://www.rvupgradestore.com/LP-Ga...599263BDDD56EA) and the hose to connect the grill to the on-board gas (https://www.rvupgradestore.com/10-RV...-p/06-0108.htm) have arrived... Next will be homemade pugs. I'm going to use cabella's all weather blanket (https://www.cabelas.com/product/The-...5.uts?slotId=2) I think I'll get three, one for the rear bunk, and I'll sew two together to cover the front bunk. I'll add velcro to the blanket and camper, together with some clips and bungees to secure them to the camper.

Once the weather allows me to uncover the camper I'll add the additional electrical outlet under the refrigerator.
Old 04-14-2018, 10:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymemiller View Post
I got some room darkening curtains at Walmart, ran the outside tent pole thru the curtain pocket and bungee and hooked the other side. They work good for keeping heat in and shade on hot days

My off season project is throwing that Irv radio in the trash and putting in a pioneer touchscreen DVD radio with xm satellite. Also going to put a different faucet with a pull down sprayer and shower head. Also I got one of those folding fish/game tables with a sink at Menards and I will figure how to run it off the outdoor shower.

Attachment 164222
Does this interfere with folding up the bunk? you leave them in all the time?
bareftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:29 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymemiller View Post

Attachment 164222
Did you put something on the sides also?
bareftn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter