Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 07:59 AM   #61

home depot

Here is what they said: Greetings Phil,

Thank you for your inquiry and your service! Apologies for the inconvenience, but we do not combine discounts with sales or promotions. Below are the purchases that are not eligible for the military discount. I hope I was able to answer your question.

Online purchases
BOPIS orders
BOSS
Post purchases
The Home Depot cares about the security of your personal information and cannot permit ID to be transmitted electronically and or mailed to us for the discount
Installation Services or Deliveries (store and Service Provider)
Tool/Truck Rentals
Gift card purchases
Commodity items (i.e. building materials and lumber)
Purchases made in Mexico or Canada THD stores
Certain SKUs and “Pro Pack” items in SKU EXCLUSION LIST
PRO Customers CANNOT use it for business purposes. If the customer gives the cashier the following, a discount will NOT be given.
Job name
Business Account as payment
THD Commercial Credit Card as payment
In combination with:
Other promotions
Coupons
Discounts
Price adjustments, with the following exceptions:
HD Credit Card deferred interest promotions
Oklahoma provides tax exemption to 100% disabled veterans on an individual basis. Veterans who qualify for tax exemption AND the military discount should receive both.
If the register system will not allow the combination of the military discount and tax exemption, the store should apply the tax exemption and grant the military discount as a 10% customer satisfaction markdown.

Thank you,

Paul P.
The Home Depot – Customer Care
Resolution Expediter - Retail
ref:_00D50JUFY._5005016u1JM:ref
Old 06-20-2018, 02:48 PM   #62

I've never had any problems getting discounts from Home Depot, Lowes, and others, when I ask for my "Good-Guy" discounts. I had my Wife ask for her Military Discount at the small shops in the nearby harbor during Fleet Week in San Diego, netting her 10-20% discounts with her Retiree ID card. Maybe you were in the wrong service...(LOL)!
San Pedro, CA
Old 06-20-2018, 03:04 PM   #63

Common policy, depends on the cashier

I won't say which store but an employee told me that it is standard policy to not give 2 discounts on purchases. Most cashiers will give you the discount anyway at least in the military town I live in.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:15 PM   #64

Purchased window shades for camper today at Lowes. Just happened that the brand offered 25% off which was nice. Also st the register I was given the 10% veteran discount which was surprising....have never received dual discounts from HD.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:17 PM   #65

I always show my VA ID card and have had no problems
Old 06-21-2018, 06:21 PM   #66

Just sign up on line. It's takes about ten minutes, then just give your telephone number at the register.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:50 PM   #67
RetiredRVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumpster808 View Post
Haven’t been lately but won’t be doing Lowe’s. Ohio puts stamp on license if you want when you show proof of ex military etc.

Showed that at Lowe’s in Ohio and they said, no good. Have to bring paperwork to service desk and sign up. Guess the state verification does not count.

Will see what I get on sale item at Home Depot - where the stamp on my license is enough to get the discount.
Actually you can sign up online without any paperwork. Only have to give your landline number. then give them your number at checkout and they give you the 10%. I live in Ohio also and have been doing it this way for a year.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:15 PM   #68

First please use spell check. It's very difficult to decider your message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
FYI
Home Depot NOT giving Military 10% off on All Purchase.
I was just at Home Depot and purchased some plastic storage containers that wer eon sale for $9.97 and a few other items.
Got to the front and the toatal was about $75 but only saw a $1 discount for military....
I asked if this was a mistake. She said no. Anything on sale you do not get the 10% off now.
This is the first time I saw this. Anyone else want totest your Home Depot Store and buy an item on sale to sdee what happens?
I do not believe Lowes does this.
Maybe its time to go back and use Lowes.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:21 PM   #69
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumpster808 View Post
Local Home Depot does 365 as well.
Yep only if you are retired, active duty,disabled, or spouse of retiree. It's BS and that is why I shop Lowe's Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-55
Old 06-21-2018, 07:30 PM   #70

Kinda sorta depends on where you are I suppose. Initially, here in central Oregon, both Lowes and HD would give you a 10% discount if you were a veteran - regardless of retired, active, disabled, etc. But, yo had to have proof as in on your driver's license. Showing a DD214 was no good, which is a federal document. So - spent the $30 to get a new license showing I am a vet, and things are good. Now, HD only gives the discount to active, retired, or disabled, although if you get the right checker, they will do it for a vet. Lowes went to the new online signup, which I went and did and they give the discount regardless. Only problem here is that Lowes is no where as good a store as HD is, so you have t deal with the tradeoffs. What you get is better than a poke in the eye with a stick I suppose. Happy to get what I get.
Ready Brute Elite / Blue Ox BP
Old 06-21-2018, 07:53 PM   #71

Lowes discount

You have to register either on line or at customer service for Lowe’s discount. After registering, if you show your Lowes card 10% is automatically deducted. It also works for immediate family living with you.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:54 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by captken View Post
Funny, I had not problem understanding him, but I'm just a knuckle dragging grunt.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:55 PM   #73

If you apply for a MY Lowes Card you will be all set up. They scan it at check out and you automatically get 10 percent. Easy to do. They don't allow you to just ask any more to many Civilian complaints.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:57 PM   #74

Guess it depends where you at as to how good the two stores are. I'm surprised as I live where HD is head quarterd and there stores suck. Later RJD
Days camped 2019 62
Old 06-21-2018, 07:57 PM   #75

I just received my new free veterans ID card a few weeks ago. It should be good for places that offer discounts and is available now for all veterans. It took a while to get due to high demand when they first offered it last fall.

If anyone is interested, scroll down to the bottom of this link and under the "popular" section is the link to apply for the veterans ID card.
https://www.vets.gov/

Ray
US Navy Veteran
Old 06-21-2018, 08:00 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandK-M View Post
I just received my new free veterans ID card a few weeks ago. It should be good for places that offer discounts and is available now for all veterans. It took a while to get due to high demand when they first offered it last fall.

If anyone is interested, scroll down to the bottom of this link and under the "popular" section is the link to apply for the veterans ID card.
https://www.vets.gov/

Ray
You will still need to register at lowe's to get there discount. Later RJD
Days camped 2019 62
Old 06-21-2018, 08:11 PM   #77

Home Depot for the longest time could not make up their mind so I decided to use Lowes. They used to give it with just showing a veterans ID, then they made us aware of applying for a Lowes ID card, not credit, easy to use, you just scan it prior to your purchase. Had to go to Home Depot a couple of days ago, and I heard the cashier in front of me , thanking the vet for his military service. Ask her if they were giving the discount, and she said , it is now good in all stores, just show a form of ID. I believe the move by Lowes made Home Depot move forward with their discount as well. Anyway, it’s A nice gesture on their part.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:24 PM   #78

I mentioned on this forum that HD doesn't discount everything, while Lowes does and a couple members said they knew better. The only way anyone would not know this is true: 1, they don't buy at HD, or 2, they don't look at their receipt and do the math. And, you do not need a Lowes credit card, they can register you at the service desk and yes it might take you DD214 to do it... my retired ID card was all I needed; then all you give is your phone number when you check out.

To make is simple, HD does not extend the 10% discount on items in their stores that HD DOESN'T OWN. Vendors own much of what's in there.
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
Old 06-21-2018, 09:09 PM   #79
RetiredRVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by captken View Post
Geez... picky, picky, picky!
Old 06-21-2018, 09:24 PM   #80

Not wanting into the entitlement part of the discussion, but I have found thru multiple trips back and forth between both retailers (wife driven crazy) (gas). I did find home depot to be cheaper on most items..10% ? didn't keep track.
Closed Thread