Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2016, 04:33 AM   #141
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryGoss View Post
USAF Lt Col retired Jan 1994. Command Pilot in C-141 Starlifter as well as Instructor Pilot in T-37 and T-38. Had a lot of fun, made a lot of friends, and been enjoying retirement.


I was active duty enlisted USAF 1992 - 1996. Was stationed at Charleston when they started getting the C-17s and phasing out the 141s. Were you ever stationed at Charleston with the 437th by any chance? Nice base, really nice area. I was in the Comm. Squadron as a computer tech. Spent a year in Korea (Kunsan) before that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dstacy969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:00 PM   #142
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryGoss View Post
USAF Lt Col retired Jan 1994. Command Pilot in C-141 Starlifter as well as Instructor Pilot in T-37 and T-38. Had a lot of fun, made a lot of friends, and been enjoying retirement.
I never was around the C-141 much except for a short time as a reservist at Norton AFB. However I have been in aviation for a long time and I am always reminded of how those P&W TF-33 engines had no nose air inlet ducting. The first stage inlet was right there in front of the engine.

I have seen many jet engines,both military and civilian,but never like the TF-33.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:36 PM   #143
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstacy969 View Post
I was active duty enlisted USAF 1992 - 1996. Was stationed at Charleston when they started getting the C-17s and phasing out the 141s. Were you ever stationed at Charleston with the 437th by any chance? Nice base, really nice area. I was in the Comm. Squadron as a computer tech. Spent a year in Korea (Kunsan) before that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No never stationed at Charleston. I got to enjoy McGuire in New Jersey, a shock for a southern boy. Thanks for your service and good luck. Gary
GaryGoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:05 PM   #144
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ozark,Mo
Posts: 129
seabee

was in seabees in 1955 to 1958. spent a year in port lyauty morraco [?] and davisville ri. and good ole port hueneme ca.
martin73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:41 AM   #145
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryGoss View Post
No never stationed at Charleston. I got to enjoy McGuire in New Jersey, a shock for a southern boy. Thanks for your service and good luck. Gary


Thank you for your service as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dstacy969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:22 AM   #146
Fully COVID-19 vaccinated
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: About 30 miles west of Beantown.
Posts: 3,805
Ft Richardson, AK 1992 - 1995
__________________

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 06:06 PM   #147
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Linwood, NC
Posts: 10
173rdAirborne Vietnam Vet 68/69
__________________
Mike, Cathy and dog Babe
2016 Freedom Express 276RKDS
2005 Ford F 350 Dually 4x4 Crew Cab
173rd Airborne Vietnam Vet 68/69
SHOKOPEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:48 AM   #148
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 148
Good to see so many vets on here.

US Navy 1966-1970, discharged as E5, Air Traffic Controller.

Went back into the reserves in 1982, after college, and got a commission as an Engineering Duty Officer (EDO). Stayed in until 2006, retired as CDR (O5). Enjoyed the ride, got to see a lot of interesting places that I otherwise would not have been able to get to.
dlwilliams48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:54 PM   #149
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exlimey View Post
USAF 1972-1982 32470 precision measuring equipment tech
Lowry AFB, CO
Kirtland AFB, NM
Elmendorf AFB, AK (AN/FLR-9)

Alaska ANG 1984-1995 C130 Avionics, retired
Kulis ANGB Anchorage, AK

Civilian(USAF & ANG) precision measuring equipment tech 1986-2014, retired
Elmendorf AFB, AK
Selfridge ANGB, MI

Proud to serve!
Hey exlimey I worked as a civilian at Selfridge from 1984-2011. I worked in Civil Engineering in the Power Production Shop, then in the Utilities Shop as a Lineman then as the Shop Supervisor. I think our shops were right across the road from each other. Thanks for your service!!
Bill
bop11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:10 AM   #150
Senior Member
 
Exlimey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Elk Rapids, Michigan
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by bop11 View Post
Hey exlimey I worked as a civilian at Selfridge from 1984-2011. I worked in Civil Engineering in the Power Production Shop, then in the Utilities Shop as a Lineman then as the Shop Supervisor. I think our shops were right across the road from each other. Thanks for your service!!
Bill
HI Bill,

The PMEL shop was right across from the roads and grounds hanger. I probably walked by your shop a few times a week going to building 128. I was the CSA for our shop. It's a small world!
__________________
Neil and Kimberli
2016 Silverado Z71 double cab
2016 Flagstaff 29KSWS Super Lite

Exlimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:25 AM   #151
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 124
Drafted in 69, four days before my wedding. Ended up in Germany.
Epat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:39 AM   #152
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,179
USAF 1965 to 1969
VietNam 1966/67
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 03:13 PM   #153
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Fuquay Varina,NC
Posts: 36
Send a message via AIM to DannyFaye Send a message via MSN to DannyFaye
Army 1969-1971 Communications Center Specialist Ft Wainwright, Alaska and Ft Hood, Texas
DannyFaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 05:15 PM   #154
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exlimey View Post
HI Bill,

The PMEL shop was right across from the roads and grounds hanger. I probably walked by your shop a few times a week going to building 128. I was the CSA for our shop. It's a small world!
My shop was in the west end of the Roads and Grounds hanger. I'm sure I talked to you many times. You guys used to calibrate our bak-12 fluid pressure gauges, as well as a bunch of multi-meters. For a few years I checked the grounding system in your shop. It is a small world! Enjoy your retirement!
bop11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 05:32 PM   #155
Junior Member
 
Carmwes54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 17
Thank you Vets

USAF Here
Lackland BMTS,'73 Lowry AFB '73- 46150 AMMO! Kadena AB '73-'75.
Barksdale AFB '75-'76.
CIV. DOD Tinker AFB. Jet Engine Mech/Inspector. TF-30 AF & Navy. P&W TF-33,
AWACS and B-52's.
Salute!!
Carmwes54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:34 AM   #156
Senior Member
 
Exlimey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Elk Rapids, Michigan
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmwes54 View Post
USAF Here
Lackland BMTS,'73 Lowry AFB '73- 46150 AMMO! Kadena AB '73-'75.
Barksdale AFB '75-'76.
CIV. DOD Tinker AFB. Jet Engine Mech/Inspector. TF-30 AF & Navy. P&W TF-33,
AWACS and B-52's.
Salute!!
I'd say that we were at Lowry at the same time. I arrived at the end of November 1972 and left for my first duty station at the end of July 1973. I lived in the 1000 man dorm (1477, 3428th student squadron). Was your school in the "black shack?

Lowry was a great place. I even tried to trade assignments so that I could stay as permanent party but it didn't work out. I wish they'd kept it open and closed Keesler instead. Denver was much better than Biloxi!
__________________
Neil and Kimberli
2016 Silverado Z71 double cab
2016 Flagstaff 29KSWS Super Lite

Exlimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:37 AM   #157
Senior Member
 
Exlimey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Elk Rapids, Michigan
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by bop11 View Post
My shop was in the west end of the Roads and Grounds hanger. I'm sure I talked to you many times. You guys used to calibrate our bak-12 fluid pressure gauges, as well as a bunch of multi-meters. For a few years I checked the grounding system in your shop. It is a small world! Enjoy your retirement!
I bet we met many times! I worked in K3 on the south side of the building.
__________________
Neil and Kimberli
2016 Silverado Z71 double cab
2016 Flagstaff 29KSWS Super Lite

Exlimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:00 PM   #158
Junior Member
 
Carmwes54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exlimey View Post
I'd say that we were at Lowry at the same time. I arrived at the end of November 1972 and left for my first duty station at the end of July 1973. I lived in the 1000 man dorm (1477, 3428th student squadron). Was your school in the "black shack?

Lowry was a great place. I even tried to trade assignments so that I could stay as permanent party but it didn't work out. I wish they'd kept it open and closed Keesler instead. Denver was much better than Biloxi!
Yes, We must have just missed each other at Lowry. I got there first part of August '73. Was assigned to the ??33rd Squadron. Our class was actually past the "Black Shack". But We marched past it every morning. Was also in the 1000 man Dorms.
Went back to Lowry in Nov. of 2014 and visited the Air Museum. "Wings over the Rockies". Things sure had changed. Denver had too.
__________________
Carmwes54
'14 Flagstaff Classic T12 RBST
'15 Summerland 2020
'06 F-250 Superduty
Carmwes54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:10 PM   #159
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Dandridge,TN
Posts: 610
Engineer corp Viet Nam 70-71 been RVing since 75 to present tent,popup,travel trailer,c class motor home now A Class Georgetown with triple slides enjoying travel with my wife, 2 husky's, and good friends with VFW post 3380 in Dandridge TN. What a life and journey it's been LOL
cfo111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:36 PM   #160
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Cedar Creek Lake, TX
Posts: 3,213
I was in Texas Army National Guard from 1968-74, stationed in Orange and Amarillo. Combat engineer, airborne unit
__________________
Cedar Creek Lake, Texas
2019 Keystone Loredo 290SRL
2019 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins crew cab
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 PM.