Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2020, 09:29 AM   #1

I Salute my fellow Veterans past and present

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 09:40 AM   #2

Mike,
Thank you, and all veterans, for your service and sacrifices made for our freedoms.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:43 AM   #3
Trailer Park Supervisor

Happy Veteran's Day Mike! Now drop and give me 50! Tractor Supply giving 15% discount on all in-store purchases today for us! Bring your ID!
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 09:51 AM   #4

Happy Veteran's Day to all my fellow veterans!

Too bad I'm working today!
GravelRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 10:03 AM   #5

God Bless you all and Thank You!
Tony & Catnis, campin' kitties
Bobaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 11:34 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Happy Veteran's Day Mike! Now drop and give me 50! Tractor Supply giving 15% discount on all in-store purchases today for us! Bring your ID!
Surprisingly at my age I can still do pushups. I can give you at least the 5 but the 0 might be a little out of reach

Old 11-11-2020, 01:46 PM   #7
PhD, Common Sense

I get fed very well each Veteran’s Day. Of course, those restaurants end up selling a meal to Mrs. eye that they otherwise would not have sold. I appreciate their appreciation.

I really appreciate all of the other veterans who signed that “blank check”, especially those who wound up sacrificing far more than I ever did. God bless and keep them.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 01:52 PM   #8
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
I really appreciate all of the other veterans who signed that “blank check”, especially those who wound up sacrificing far more than I ever did. God bless and keep them.
This is why I love Veteran's Day. We get to toast each other's camaraderie, and maybe even get a free beer or discount (something that wasn't the case back when I served in the 80's). Memorial Day brings me down, and then you get the guilt of why them and not me, at least I do. Like having a mandatory funeral every year for me.
Old 11-11-2020, 01:58 PM   #9
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Thanks to all the vets on here for your service and to the ones still serving. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 02:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
This is why I love Veteran's Day. We get to toast each other's camaraderie, and maybe even get a free beer or discount (something that wasn't the case back when I served in the 80's). Memorial Day brings me down, and then you get the guilt of why them and not me, at least I do. Like having a mandatory funeral every year for me.
The thing that gets me is getting wished happy Memorial day. I know it's done out of ignorance and a place of goodness, but I hate explaining the difference between Veterans Day and Memorial Day year after year. But hell, at least I've served in the good times (2000-present) in terms of public sentiment. I avoid going to stores as much as I can in my uniform because I don't like being thanked for my service and the hand shakes (though I do appreciate it). I prefer to fly under the radar. I couldn't imagine being spit on for my service.
GravelRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 02:17 PM   #11
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravelRider View Post
The thing that gets me is getting wished happy Memorial day. I know it's done out of ignorance and a place of goodness, but I hate explaining the difference between Veterans Day and Memorial Day year after year. But hell, at least I've served in the good times (2000-present) in terms of public sentiment. I avoid going to stores as much as I can in my uniform because I don't like being thanked for my service and the hand shakes (though I do appreciate it). I prefer to fly under the radar. I couldn't imagine being spit on for my service.

I'm with you pal. Couldn't agree more with all of you've said. It is sad how many americans are ignorant, hell, they don't even know which side of the street to walk on, lol.
Old 11-11-2020, 02:35 PM   #12

Happy Veterans Day to all who served. There seems to be a common misconception that Veterans Day is on November 11 because that's the day the armistice took effect in 1918, ending WW I. The real reason it's on November 11 is due to November 10 being the Marine Corps birthday. Today, Marines all over the world are crazy hungover from last night. November 11 gives us a chance to recover somewhat before going back to work on the 12th. That's also why Veterans day is not a floating holiday that's always celebrated on a Monday. It has to be on the 11th, because Marines are not changing the day their birthday is celebrated. So thank a Marine for Veterans Day being today. You're Welcome. Semper Fi.
AlaskaErik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:19 PM   #13

Enlisted in 1968, Retired in 1994. Loved most of it. Had some unpleasant moments. Overall, I would gladly do it all over again.
Sincere thanks to all who served. Your nation and its people owe you a debt of gratitude.
Keep Them Flying!!! USAF CMSgt Retired
CCdesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 05:07 PM   #14

Happy Veterans Day to all my Brothers and Sisters!
With special thoughts and prayers to those "that gave that last full measure of devotion"
Army 65-68 FTA.
U.S.ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 05:51 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S.ArmyVeteran View Post
Happy Veterans Day to all my Brothers and Sisters!
With special thoughts and prayers to those "that gave that last full measure of devotion"
Army 65-68 FTA.
b

I can second that to all.
Army 61-68 ASA
Old 11-11-2020, 06:50 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravelRider View Post
When I returned from overseas I was told to get out of uniform ASAP. At the time I had to travel in uniform because it was on Uncle Sam's dime. First stop when I arrived at my destination was a restroom for a change into "civies".

Wasn't just getting spit on that was common but paint and sometimes even body fluids/waste.

Didn't matter if one was returning from service in SE Asia, Europe, or even a stateside post. The mood in 1967 was a lot different.

A far different experience than when our troops returned in the 40's.

When in High School and College I was in the band and marched several years in our local "Armed Forces Day Parade". Can anyone tell me when the last one of those (that they remember) occured?

Today I see marches for a lot of things yet it seems like parades to honor Service Personell are "Out of fashion".

At least those of us who did serve can take satisfaction in doing so.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:10 PM   #17

Thank you for protecting our freedom!
Old 11-11-2020, 07:40 PM   #18
Trailer Park Supervisor

So I went to Tractor Supply to get a few things today and get my discount! Walking through the parking lot, a guy saw my Marine Veteran hat, and said, "Thank you for my freedom". I was so taken aback, as I've heard the thank you for your service comment so many times, I always say no problem, or you're welcome, but never cared for that greeting. This was different. I turned around and yelled, "Hey!" He turned and I said, "I've never had anyone thank me for their freedom. People like you make it worth it." He smiled, gave me a thumbs up, and walked to his car. I think I like that one. Seems more meaningful.