Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2012, 03:30 AM   #1

My 2 Mistresses

A 2006 Suzuki S83 Boulevard formerly known as a Suzuki VS1400 Intruder. Should take a new pic of this one as many modifications have been made

My 2007 Suzuki DL650 aka a Wee Strom & that's me in the pic with my buddy's 2011 Yamaha Super Tenere. The Strom now has Jesse Aluminium side cases & the stock windshield

Night_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #2

MY two mistresses,

Good to see others that have two different types of bikes. My choices, a Vic Vision, and Kawi KLR650 boh '08 s.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0292.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	23939   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030438.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	23940  
Old 02-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #3

How do you get your Vision to stand on the front wheel like that??
VicRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridenfun View Post
Good to see others that have two different types of bikes. My choices, a Vic Vision, and Kawi KLR650 boh '08 s.
Two nice machines Have a cpl friends with Victory motorcycles and know many with the venerable KLR

I like my 07 Strom, but the Intruder is my true love. Picked it up used with only 512 miles on the odo on a 6 yr old motorcycle. Having a toy hauler means I won't have to choose between riding the bike(s) and camping now.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:29 AM   #5

Nice rides! I know I won't be giving up my Boulevard M50 anytime soon, no matter how much my Harley buddies make fun of me. It was 3x cheaper than most Harleys and its paid for! Think spring...
2019 Honda CRV (camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicRider View Post
How do you get your Vision to stand on the front wheel like that??

MUST BE:
SUPERLATIVE rider skills?? Clearly not good computer skills LOL Sorry about the pic orientation, strange because it opens normally in my computer.

SPRING-- Hurry Up!!
Old 02-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #7

Old 02-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #8
Always Learning

If you guys have a Ride 4 Kids ride near you (about 40 across the US), I encourage you to check it out! They ride for/raise money for kids with brain rumors. They get local kids to come out and be the "stars". It's an amazing ride and joyous for the families involved.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:23 AM   #9

Quote:
MUST BE:
SUPERLATIVE rider skills?? Clearly not good computer skills LOL Sorry about the pic orientation, strange because it opens normally in my computer.

SPRING-- Hurry Up!!
I live very close to Calgary, maybe see you in Bragg Creek sometime
Old 02-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
If you guys have a Ride 4 Kids ride near you (about 40 across the US), I encourage you to check it out! They ride for/raise money for kids with brain rumors. They get local kids to come out and be the "stars". It's an amazing ride and joyous for the families involved.
I no longer participate in charity rides. Too many posers bringing out their "Garage Queens" that see the road two or three times per year. Most don't know how to ride in a group. Seen too many accidents. Last charity ride I was on had some idiot pass me to the left (I was in the right lane of the staggered formation), cut in front of me then pass my wife (to my left diagonally) and cut her off to get up next to his buddy. We left the ride at the next safe turn off. I'd rather just donate to a charity and go for a fun ride with my wife and/or close friends.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #11
Always Learning

Quote:

I no longer participate in charity rides. Too many posers bringing out their "Garage Queens" that see the road two or three times per year. Most don't know how to ride in a group. Seen too many accidents. Last charity ride I was on had some idiot pass me to the left (I was in the right lane of the staggered formation), cut in front of me then pass my wife (to my left diagonally) and cut her off to get up next to his buddy. We left the ride at the next safe turn off. I'd rather just donate to a charity and go for a fun ride with my wife and/or close friends.
That's a shame to hear, but is understandable. I know with the Baltimore/Washington ride, I've heard a couple of things happen. But, I've never actually ridden. I am there as a parent of one of the Stars. She rides with a volunteer. Though, my wife, in-laws have all ridden (either on his bike when he had one or with volunteers).
Old 02-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #12
Anacortesians

If I were to get back into motor cycles (unlikely at 71 years old) there would only be one choice for me - a late model, electric start, 850 Norton Commando. Before I emigrated to the US to join Boeing in 1968, I spent the last 20 months or so in the UK, working in the R&D department at Norton-Villiers.

To me, the Commando is one of the best designs of the era, but manufacturing limitations and the company's decline into insolvency made for a difficult and nasty demise.

I'd have to get one of the electric-start models, because I don't think I'm strong enough to kick one of those beasties into life. During my (approx) 30,000 miles of test riding, I only had to step off once, with just minor scrapes.

I did have one major scare, when doing high-speed endurance tests at the Motor Industries Research Association track. I was on the high banking of the track, doing about 105 mph, when the 1/4" drive chain snapped. Engine revs went off the clock (the tach needle was bent) and all kinds of parts that should have been inside were outside. We switched to a 3/8 drive chain on the production models, but I thought we should have goe to 1/2". We were adjusting the chain on the test bikes every time we stopped for fuel.

I was lucky to get off the high banking without a problem, because Aston Martin were testing the prototype DB7 and he was coming up behind me at about 160 mph.

The engine was turned into a boat anchor!
Old 02-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Wolf View Post
I live very close to Calgary, maybe see you in Bragg Creek sometime
I live in NW Calgary, lots of riding out that way, and I also do some riding with a meetup group called Calgary Motorcycle Riders group, who do both day or evening rides, generally out of S.W. corner of Calgary, and also multi day trips.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #14

Nice bikes Night Wolf! I have a friend with a wee and he loves it. I'm looking to get an Adv bike and I'm tempted by the new Wee. I've ridden the Super Tenere but it's a beast. I wish Yamaha would bring the Tenere XT660 to the US. Currently I'm leaving towards the Triumph 800XC.

Quote:
I don't blame you. I don't do group rides with people I don't know anymore. Too many people do not know how to ride or know proper etiquette.
IndyRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #15

Quote:
I live in NW Calgary, lots of riding out that way, and I also do some riding with a meetup group called Calgary Motorcycle Riders group, who do both day or evening rides, generally out of S.W. corner of Calgary, and also multi day trips.
Joined the Meetup group; hope to meet you at one of the rides/meetings
Old 02-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC View Post
Nice bikes Night Wolf! I have a friend with a wee and he loves it. I'm looking to get an Adv bike and I'm tempted by the new Wee. I've ridden the Super Tenere but it's a beast. I wish Yamaha would bring the Tenere XT660 to the US. Currently I'm leaving towards the Triumph 800XC.

Have about 40,000mi on a pair of Wee Stroms and love the bike. The newest version is a little tall for me. I can ride it fine, but loading a passenger can be a challenge when you are smaller and on your tippy toes. One of my buddy's has the Tenere and let me take it for a spin; very nice bike, but at a price I don't want to spend. I'm actually thinking of adding a 3rd bike to the stable and while initially looking at the Triumph 1200 Adventure, I'm seriously looking at Honda's newest 500X Adventure bike. Have the Strom for travel, the Intruder for "posing" and the Honda would be for loading in the toy hauler to take with us
Old 02-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #17

Quote:
Joined the Meetup group; hope to meet you at one of the rides/meetings
Glad U joined. lots of variety of both ride types and individuals.
Look forward to seeing you either at a ride or at one of the other meetups before riding resumes. I'm under the alias John Malkovich (it's a Simona, (the meetup organizer) thing< LOL!
Old 02-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #18

After riding for the last 40 Years, I find it hard to ride with some people that should not even drive a car!!! I ride with my wife all of the time, and donate before the charity rides around Dallas and chose not to go on the runs.
Jester

2012 Super Crew 4WD 6.7 PSD
2015 Cardinal 3800 FL
2007 Road King Black Cherry-Hers
2007 Road King Blue-Mine
1979 FXS Hot Rod Shovelhead
Jestercyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by F and E Damp View Post
If I were to get back into motor cycles (unlikely at 71 years old) there would only be one choice for me - a late model, electric start, 850 Norton Commando. Before I emigrated to the US to join Boeing in 1968, I spent the last 20 months or so in the UK, working in the R&D department at Norton-Villiers.

To me, the Commando is one of the best designs of the era, but manufacturing limitations and the company's decline into insolvency made for a difficult and nasty demise.

I'd have to get one of the electric-start models, because I don't think I'm strong enough to kick one of those beasties into life. During my (approx) 30,000 miles of test riding, I only had to step off once, with just minor scrapes.

I did have one major scare, when doing high-speed endurance tests at the Motor Industries Research Association track. I was on the high banking of the track, doing about 105 mph, when the 1/4" drive chain snapped. Engine revs went off the clock (the tach needle was bent) and all kinds of parts that should have been inside were outside. We switched to a 3/8 drive chain on the production models, but I thought we should have goe to 1/2". We were adjusting the chain on the test bikes every time we stopped for fuel.

I was lucky to get off the high banking without a problem, because Aston Martin were testing the prototype DB7 and he was coming up behind me at about 160 mph.

The engine was turned into a boat anchor!
The electric start Commando- is that the one made in Oregon? I forget the guys name that started that- Kenny something I think. Or is there a different new Norton?
House97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #20

Quote:
Have about 40,000mi on a pair of Wee Stroms and love the bike. The newest version is a little tall for me. I can ride it fine, but loading a passenger can be a challenge when you are smaller and on your tippy toes. One of my buddy's has the Tenere and let me take it for a spin; very nice bike, but at a price I don't want to spend. I'm actually thinking of adding a 3rd bike to the stable and while initially looking at the Triumph 1200 Adventure, I'm seriously looking at Honda's newest 500X Adventure bike. Have the Strom for travel, the Intruder for "posing" and the Honda would be for loading in the toy hauler to take with us
Man I like that little Honda 500. I keep looking at that for commuting around town and riding to/from work. I've also been looking at the new Ninja 300 for commuting, but I'd probably take it to the track.
IndyRC is offline   Reply With Quote