Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2018, 12:06 PM   #1

After 10 years...finally a good way to add oil to an F-53!

I confess I have tried all sorts of ways to put 7 quarts of oil into my 2015 V10. The fill tube is so high and pouring oil in always dribbles it somewhere and gives me muscle cramps from trying to hold it in the perfect position but not pouring too fast.

Went out and bought 5 feet of 5/8 clear plastic tubing. It will crimp if the curve radius is too small so I also bought a screen door spring (maybe 2 feet long) and slipped it into the tube near the oil breather/fill. Pushed the hose into the breather, routed it up and over to the drivers side, inserted a plastic funnel, clipped it to the driver's wiper blade and slowly poured a 5 quart and then 2 one quart oil bottles into the V10. Lifted the hose when done and only got an ounce of so to put back into my last quart bottle. let it drain down, put a rag into both ends, coiled it up and put it away...for next time. Not a drop spilled and no contortions under the hood.

Embarrassed that it took this long.

Fumoto valve means no drips from the oil pan. Punching a hole in the old filter and draining that was the only spill and that wasn't too bad.

I think I have a system...don't worry about oil changes any more.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 01:56 PM   #2

After 10 years...finally a good way to add oil to an F-53!

Nice idea. I may have to give it a try. My filler is totally non-accessible to pour in directly. I have been using a pump and I hate it.
Old 05-04-2018, 02:04 PM   #3

Buy two screen door springs...they are less than $3.00 and keep the 5/8 open. I used a step stool and leisurely poured from the 5 quart container. Not a drip!!!!

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote