RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2015, 08:12 PM   #61
Senior Member
 
Steeljag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central, Fl.
Posts: 1,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmw1 View Post
I wonder if Walmart has some way to fill a couple of water jugs so I can take a shower after a long day on the road?
I would like to travel with no water in my tanks.
Lol......I hope you are kidding!
__________________
2018 Forester 3011DS (Purchased 04/26/17)
2010 Flagstaff 26 RLSS (Sold 05/16)
2012 Ford F-150 Ecoboost, Screw, H/D, 3.73
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline  
Old 02-11-2015, 08:17 PM   #62
Senior Member
 
dj3spots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 547
Any Wal Mart Campers out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny and Suni View Post
Look for RVPARKY, an app we got for free with details on Walmarts, Cracker Barrels, Flying J's, etc, as well as camping parks and RV parks.

Didn't know about this APP. Thanks for the heads up.


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
dj3spots is offline  
Old 02-12-2015, 10:30 AM   #63
Senior Member
 
WolfWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmw1 View Post
I wonder if Walmart has some way to fill a couple of water jugs so I can take a shower after a long day on the road?
I would like to travel with no water in my tanks.
You could buy water in gallon jugs and haul however many hundred you want to to your camper. Frankly, a quick overnight stay doesn't scream "shower time" to me.
__________________
Hyper Lite was sold

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline  
Old 02-12-2015, 11:06 AM   #64
Senior Member
 
Batts-toy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ripon, California
Posts: 727
Walmart squatters make it bad for true rver's

Quote:
Originally Posted by woozy View Post
Walmart is getting meaner. Many stores who used to allow overnighters' are sending the little security car to ask people to leave. If you haven't had that experience, it doesn't alter the fact that it's happening.
Perhaps people are asking to fill their water jugs, eh?
Some 'rvers' are actually homeless staying in Walmart parking lots, so the rv is home. It has gotten very bad in some places some people actually create huge messes bring in junk cars, erect sheds etc. Check out utube some Walmart managers had to bring in the law and have squatters evicted so some managers are getting 'mean' so this mess does not happen in their parking lot.
__________________
Dale & Terri, Lulu & Tiki (our Chihuahua's), New rescue puppy Prince - Pom/Pug mix.
2013 Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7, TRD Off-Road, 4X4, Full Tow Package
2013 Wildwood T26TBSS - Sold
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline  
Old 02-12-2015, 12:06 PM   #65
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 19,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
You could buy water in gallon jugs and haul however many hundred you want to to your camper. Frankly, a quick overnight stay doesn't scream "shower time" to me.
I'm actually the opposite- I "need" a shower each morning. I can understand the request.

That said, I carry water. I don't believe it effects my MPG in a measurable way and I have plenty of carrying capacity for it in my trailer and truck.
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling a 2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline  
Old 02-12-2015, 12:28 PM   #66
Senior Member
 
Mikegjax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange Park Fl.
Posts: 1,619
Lets see, I want a free place to stay with all the stuff I need to be comfortable so I don't have to carry a few gallons of water in my RV that might effect my mileage a little..
__________________
2014 Solera 24R
USN Retired
Mikegjax is offline  
Old 02-12-2015, 01:24 PM   #67
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batts-toy View Post
Some 'rvers' are actually homeless staying in Walmart parking lots, so the rv is home. It has gotten very bad in some places some people actually create huge messes bring in junk cars, erect sheds etc. Check out utube some Walmart managers had to bring in the law and have squatters evicted so some managers are getting 'mean' so this mess does not happen in their parking lot.
This^^^^^

However, folks think of the homeless as the people walking around with a bag or a shopping cart. There is an entire new influx of the "soft-core" homeless. The housing crisis has pushed former homeowners into apartments, so apartment rents are through the roof. Combine this with the fact that subsidized housing is unavailable in many areas, and ouch. This is affecting a LOT of seniors, whose Social Security check can't cover any type of housing, but they have enough credit and assets to buy a travel trailer.

Some homeless are like the creeps mentioned above, but some of them look just like an ordinary camper.
woozy is offline  
Old 02-12-2015, 01:38 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
Mojojojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 361
Our RV is our home , by our choice were not that old have a 2 digit income and chose to live in our trailer. So are we homeless?
__________________
My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her -Or something like that?...."My advice has no basis ,more reliable them my own meandering experience" Baz Luhrmann
2011 Sierra 355QBQ 1986 F350
Mojojojo is offline  
Old 02-12-2015, 02:02 PM   #69
Site Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Northen IL
Posts: 5,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojojojo View Post
Our RV is our home , by our choice were not that old have a 2 digit income and chose to live in our trailer. So are we homeless?


You should ask for a raise.
Iwritecode is offline  
Old 02-12-2015, 02:50 PM   #70
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post


You should ask for a raise.
WOW, and I thought I was poor!
woozy is offline  
Old 02-12-2015, 06:52 PM   #71
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 228
Maybe he meant hourly . . .


He does have one of my favorite signature lines.
__________________
2015 Micro Lite 25KS
2006 Suburban 2500 8.1 L
220Chap is offline  
Old 02-12-2015, 07:57 PM   #72
Senior Member
 
Mojojojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 361
That's 2 as in the thousands I dont count the little change as I never see much of it being married.
__________________
My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her -Or something like that?...."My advice has no basis ,more reliable them my own meandering experience" Baz Luhrmann
2011 Sierra 355QBQ 1986 F350
Mojojojo is offline  
Old 02-12-2015, 09:54 PM   #73
Site Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Northen IL
Posts: 5,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojojojo View Post
That's 2 as in the thousands I dont count the little change as I never see much of it being married.
I'd call that a 5 figure income. Which is what 90+% of the population makes.
Iwritecode is offline  
Old 02-12-2015, 10:38 PM   #74
Senior Member
 
Mojojojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
I'd call that a 5 figure income. Which is what 90+% of the population makes.
Thanks for clarifying I got a 5 digit income and CHOOSE to live in our 5er , so am I homeless? I say no. My home is where I park it.
__________________
My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her -Or something like that?...."My advice has no basis ,more reliable them my own meandering experience" Baz Luhrmann
2011 Sierra 355QBQ 1986 F350
Mojojojo is offline  
Old 02-13-2015, 03:23 AM   #75
Senior Member
 
Batts-toy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ripon, California
Posts: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by woozy View Post
This^^^^^

However, folks think of the homeless as the people walking around with a bag or a shopping cart. There is an entire new influx of the "soft-core" homeless. The housing crisis has pushed former homeowners into apartments, so apartment rents are through the roof. Combine this with the fact that subsidized housing is unavailable in many areas, and ouch. This is affecting a LOT of seniors, whose Social Security check can't cover any type of housing, but they have enough credit and assets to buy a travel trailer.

Some homeless are like the creeps mentioned above, but some of them look just like an ordinary camper.
My comment had nothing to do with a dig on homeless or full time rver's it was only to point out the big messes and full time residences happening in some walmart parking lots which are having and an affect some walmart managers decisions, some situations having negative affects and why we are seeing walmart pulling away from allowing overnighters.
__________________
Dale & Terri, Lulu & Tiki (our Chihuahua's), New rescue puppy Prince - Pom/Pug mix.
2013 Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7, TRD Off-Road, 4X4, Full Tow Package
2013 Wildwood T26TBSS - Sold
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline  
Old 02-13-2015, 08:08 AM   #76
Senior Member
 
vinmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: MA
Posts: 1,824
This is a great thread.

I will need to consider all these places if I decide to drive to Florida from MA in my pop up. It sure would be convenient to just pull into a walmart and sleep for the night.

Vin.
__________________

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline  
Old 02-13-2015, 01:31 PM   #77
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batts-toy View Post
My comment had nothing to do with a dig on homeless or full time rver's it was only to point out the big messes and full time residences happening in some walmart parking lots which are having and an affect some walmart managers decisions, some situations having negative affects and why we are seeing walmart pulling away from allowing overnighters.
I have absolutely no clue how you construed my post as a "dig" on homeless campers.
woozy is offline  
Old 02-13-2015, 01:40 PM   #78
Senior Member
 
Mojojojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 361
I took nothing as a dig on anything it just got me thinking about that, also we see the same kind of homeless looking campers at campgrounds from time to time. If someone calls me homeless I laugh and ask how there home life is mines great married my high school sweetheart and we're still together in our trailer.
__________________
My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her -Or something like that?...."My advice has no basis ,more reliable them my own meandering experience" Baz Luhrmann
2011 Sierra 355QBQ 1986 F350
Mojojojo is offline  
Old 02-13-2015, 03:35 PM   #79
Site Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Northen IL
Posts: 5,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojojojo View Post
Thanks for clarifying I got a 5 digit income and CHOOSE to live in our 5er , so am I homeless? I say no. My home is where I park it.
I'd say no.

Our 5er is permanently parked at a campground. We refer to it as our summer home.
Iwritecode is offline  
Old 02-13-2015, 04:21 PM   #80
Site Team
 
dcheatwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmw1 View Post
I wonder if Walmart has some way to fill a couple of water jugs so I can take a shower after a long day on the road?
I would like to travel with no water in my tanks.
Yes they do. They sell purified water in 5 gal containers. 😁
__________________
2018 Forester 3011 DS

dcheatwood is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
camper

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03 PM.