Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2017, 10:32 AM   #1

Attaching lights to 10x10 free-standing canopy

We have LED lights under our Sabre's awning. Nice feature. What I need help with is if I buy those little patio/camping lights to put up on our 10x10 canopy over the picnic table. I have been looking at the string lights (nothing too bright) so we can see better when going to the table from the camper at night. I'd like an easy & fast way to attach them when we set up camp. The DIY info I've found seems to be more for deck & backyard set-ups on patio/umbrella tables or for camper awnings. Any tips are appreciated! I'm thinking just the plain soft white lights. I don't want to blind the neighbors.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:47 AM   #2

Badge hooks work great on all things. You can wrap it around the light and clip it to what ever
Attached Images

Jmkjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:26 PM   #3

Great! Thank you. As soon as I used "badge" with lights on my search I got the results I was looking for. Now just to pick up some badges and decide on what lights I'd like!
Old 06-02-2017, 02:19 AM   #4
Road Trippin

If I might make a suggestion, search Amazon for solar Christmas lights. They come in a variety of colors, we use the white and blue lights. They are 100 count and charge during the day and last all night. No electricity required and you don't need to plug them in. Great for boondocking.
pismolocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:36 PM   #5

Yes, thank you, pismolocal. I bought my "badges" the other night from Walmart for $1.88 each! Trying to decide on which lights to get. Amazon does have quite a selection of solar canopy and Christmas lights. Thanks for the tip on doing a search at Amazon under "Christmas" as well. Hopefully I'll remember to post a pic when I get them set up.

Tags
light