Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2022, 10:44 AM   #41

My wife calls me when backing in and we can quietly get the trailer in place over the phone. I also watch her hand motions, especially for stop as there can be lag on the phone call.

2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 257BHS
2019 Ford F150 Super Crew 3.5 Eco Boost Max Tow Package
distracto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 11:03 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvinjo View Post
I have explained this to allot of folks, and most look at me like I have a horn growing out of my forehead: Till they try it for themselves
This is a tip that should be explained by salespersons to all new trailer owners... even at the risk of the 'horn out of the forehead' look.

However, in defense of those having difficulty getting into a site, there are some sites that are challenging to back into with any trailer. Some state and national parks were built when tents and pop ups were the preferred camping equipment. They ran water and electric to the sites, but didn't redesign for rvs. Turning radii and trees lining the road can be challenging... especially if you don't have a backup camera or experienced helper.
Old 09-13-2022, 11:51 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post

However, in defense of those having difficulty getting into a site, there are some sites that are challenging to back into with any trailer. Some state and national parks were built when tents and pop ups were the preferred camping equipment. They ran water and electric to the sites, but didn't redesign for rvs. Turning radii and trees lining the road can be challenging... especially if you don't have a backup camera or experienced helper.
Our most challenging back-in this year was a site where we had to back in with a fairly steep uphill grade, and a dip where he driveway met the road. You could see where previous campers had bottomed out their stabilizers/levelers and gouged a furrow in the road. That one took a bit of hi-steppin' and fancy dancin' to get into, but we made it in (and out) with our stabilizers intact.
Old 09-13-2022, 12:20 PM   #44
waybeck2018

A lot of good ideas in this thread. But when you have a wife who is hearing impaired, has trouble distinguishing distance, and can not comprehend that I can not hear her over the diesel sounds it is much easier to only use pull through sites . Can I borrow NM Wildcats wife next trip? I promise to return her after I'm parked.

Looking Forward to Completing This Map Soon !
waybeck2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 01:18 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Now you are just showing off your high tech stuff
I'm lazy AND old school! From the middle of my chest to my fingertips is the amount of space needed for my large slide
I too use body as a measuring device.... so far I haven't left it anywhere or forgot where I put it...
2012 RAM 2500 Laramie CTD and 4:10
mmartin_tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 01:25 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin_tdc View Post
I too use body as a measuring device.... so far I haven't left it anywhere or forgot where I put it...
Hmmmm... I think you just jinxed it.
Old 09-13-2022, 02:03 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
Hmmmm... I think you just jinxed it.
I hear ya. I looked for my glasses for quite some time the other day. I finally gave up and asked Liz for help, knowing she would find them and give me a hard time.
They were on my forehead. She is still telling everyone that story........
Next time I lose something, even a body part, I will just live with it
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer