Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2015, 02:05 PM   #21
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 35
...and stating that purchasing the jackhammer option to break up concrete is a nice, courteous way to "teach camping etiquette". I realize there are people who don't know better, and there will always be those in every campground that will ruffle some feathers, but re-read the OP and then the first few replies and tell me how they contributed to original question.
__________________
2015 XLR 380 AMP
clarkchriston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:08 PM   #22
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 35
ependydad .....ok now that is some funny stuff right there.
__________________
2015 XLR 380 AMP
clarkchriston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:26 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 1,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by rad_jr View Post
In addition to camping with our kids at quiet campgrounds, we frequently use our Sunseeker to tailgate at concerts, usually parked in a field with several hundred new friends (who all want to use my bathroom instead of the PortaPottys) engaging in similar activities. A setup like this would be great...way better than what I've got. Just because the OP has this setup doesn't mean that he/she is a jerk that's going to crank it up at 6am in the quiet campsite next to you, just like I'd never use the speakers that I have set up for concerts while camping. Maybe he/she is a DJ and needs this setup for their business. This forum is very useful...lots of people willing to answer questions, offer advise, help out when possible. It would be great if that spirit continued in this thread. Does anyone have anything constructive or helpful to offer?
Just did this last weekend at Deer Creek (Klispch)... and people would have been fine with me blaring music. it's all relevant to where you are.
__________________
2015 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4l with 2015 Sandpiper 25RLS
Wife, myself and 2 furry kids
Mountndream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:29 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 1,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkchriston View Post
decide to mount a stripper pole on my "party" deck
I am Camping with this GUY
__________________
2015 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4l with 2015 Sandpiper 25RLS
Wife, myself and 2 furry kids
Mountndream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:35 PM   #25
Broken Toe
 
Cowracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Imperial (St. Louis) MO
Posts: 3,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by karrun View Post
When I go camping, I don't want to hear anyone else's music, and don't play mine loud enough for anyone else to hear. I don't expect others to share my musical taste, excellent though it is. In fact, I always turn my outside speakers off and use a small bluetooth speaker attached to my phone when sitting outside. Common courtesy.
It seem to me that common courtesy is supposed to work both ways. Namely not admonishing people for something you think they might do.

Tim
__________________
FROG Member MO-0008-571 Since 20124444444444My Project Blog: https://cowracer.blogspot.com/

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:40 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 1,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
It seem to me that common courtesy is supposed to work both ways. Namely not admonishing people for something you think they might do.

Tim
Boy does the DW get me on that... "don't even think about....."

__________________
2015 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4l with 2015 Sandpiper 25RLS
Wife, myself and 2 furry kids
Mountndream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:40 PM   #27
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 7,154
As a way to actually help this guy, I would look for some type of external amplifier. I don't know what type of stereo comes in your unit, but if its a typical head unit, no way is there enough power to support these. On the other hand if it is a high powered "home style" stereo, I would look for speaker switches someplace.
__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
2017 Jeep Rubicon Recon toad
Nights Camped 2019 - 17
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:19 PM   #28
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,504
I want a box crusher!
Ms amy always did say loud or off...

OP I hope you find why this system doesn't work.
I bet it has crystal clear sound.
Tell me if you get close to Iowa, you can pull right in !

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "15 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:18 PM   #29
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 58
Wow I have never seen such an option with a trailer. As long as you play 50s, 60s and 70s music you can park your toy hauler next to mine. Definately no rap or country. I hope you get it figured out.
Tireguy397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 02:45 PM   #30
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 6
Well, it has been a few days since I have checked in. First off, I am not a first time rv user. Second, I am a respectful 52 year old educator who knows when and where to use something like this. Third, to all who jumped the gun, hope you get someone who isn't as courteous as me next to you soon! "Reap what you sow", the others who defended, a BIG thanks!!! I did not order this option, dealer added it as we were having this coach built so they threw it in. There is an amp in the garage and I have turned it on and made adjustments but it doesn't make a difference. I have contacted F.R. and am waiting to see if there is a manual, but I thought while I was waiting I would ask if anyone else had this system. i am pretty tech savoy but this has got me stumped, can't find anything online either

This was my first post and just can't believe the gall of some that would think I would be an obnoxious neighbor, bothers me greatly.
woodg63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 02:57 PM   #31
Always Learning
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Four Corners, FL
Posts: 21,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodg63 View Post
This was my first post and just can't believe the gall of some that would think I would be an obnoxious neighbor, bothers me greatly.
In other news, WELCOME! May all of your threads not be quite so hectic.

:fall :
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 03:54 PM   #32
Broken Toe
 
Cowracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Imperial (St. Louis) MO
Posts: 3,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodg63 View Post
Well, it has been a few days since I have checked in. First off, I am not a first time rv user. Second, I am a respectful 52 year old educator who knows when and where to use something like this. Third, to all who jumped the gun, hope you get someone who isn't as courteous as me next to you soon! "Reap what you sow", the others who defended, a BIG thanks!!! I did not order this option, dealer added it as we were having this coach built so they threw it in. There is an amp in the garage and I have turned it on and made adjustments but it doesn't make a difference. I have contacted F.R. and am waiting to see if there is a manual, but I thought while I was waiting I would ask if anyone else had this system. i am pretty tech savoy but this has got me stumped, can't find anything online either

This was my first post and just can't believe the gall of some that would think I would be an obnoxious neighbor, bothers me greatly.
Welcome sir! 99% of the people here are just great. No matter what else, you get a group of people together and there will be a few who feel it's their place to define how everyone else is supposed to conduct themselves.

I run into that type nearly every time I camp at an actual campground (as opposed to my private lake lot) those that want to sit in judgement and harrumph at everyone else who is having a type fun they don't agree with

Don't let it bother you. And please make sure to post up any resolutions you may get to your problem. Someone in the future may have the same issue, and using the search function may dig up this thread. I would be nice to have a resolution for them too.

tim
__________________
FROG Member MO-0008-571 Since 20124444444444My Project Blog: https://cowracer.blogspot.com/

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 08:21 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Pixelbum1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkchriston View Post
...and stating that purchasing the jackhammer option to break up concrete is a nice, courteous way to "teach camping etiquette". I realize there are people who don't know better, and there will always be those in every campground that will ruffle some feathers, but re-read the OP and then the first few replies and tell me how they contributed to original question.
Maybe...just MAYBE...we saved his life for when he is tempted to crank it up to wake-the-dead levels and found out the hard way that he was camped next to a group of Zombies? Oh lighten up yourselves! Talk about being
uptight, geesy Pete? What we have here is a failure to communicate...or is it educate? Have fun, stay safe, be smart.

PS: Uh...where can I get a set of these Vengeance "Crushers"?
Pixelbum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:17 PM   #34
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelbum1 View Post
Maybe...just MAYBE...we saved his life for when he is tempted to crank it up to wake-the-dead levels and found out the hard way that he was camped next to a group of Zombies? Oh lighten up yourselves! Talk about being
uptight, geesy Pete? What we have here is a failure to communicate...or is it educate? Have fun, stay safe, be smart.

PS: Uh...where can I get a set of these Vengeance "Crushers"?
I know right

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "15 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 05:27 PM   #35
New Member
 
RiverBird's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 74
You are going to have to figure out where and what the input source is. To me it seems improbable that the basement amp links back to the stereo or stereos in the living area. That being the case, the basement amp may need an iPod, tuner or music source of some type. Look on the back of that amp and follow whatever wires are connected.

Good luck with it and enjoy the new rig!


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
RiverBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.