Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2013, 09:11 AM   #1
Denver, CO

Question Coach Net

Not sure where to put this, so put it here.

I recieved a letter and some membership cards from Coach-Net which proports to be a service provided as a special gift from Forest River, to new RV owners.

Anyone heard of this service, use it or otherwise have insight?

tanks
Old 03-13-2013, 09:31 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbonz View Post
Not sure where to put this, so put it here.

I recieved a letter and some membership cards from Coach-Net which proports to be a service provided as a special gift from Forest River, to new RV owners.

Anyone heard of this service, use it or otherwise have insight?

tanks
Yep, Coach-Net is an emergency roadside service designed for RV'ers. It's a good deal getting the first year for free. Coach-Net has been around for years.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:43 AM   #3

I have had Coach-Net for 5 years now and kept it after the firs free year that came with my coach. I had to use them only once so far (knock wood) and they were very helpful and knowledgeable. They have a very RV savvy staff that can help walk you through what to check to help you solve many problems.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:00 AM   #4

Yes,called C/N the (1st) outing with the then (New) unit,the A/C unit blew up and OIL poured over roof & down the side. C/N called nearest F/R dealer,not my dealer or even same Division of F/R.The dealer called me at the C/G we were at and set up the repair time & place.C/N called back and made sure we were taken care of. New A/C unit put on unit,N/C to me. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #5

The free 1 year membership from FR covers just your fifth-wheel. We have had Coach-Net Premium or Platinum (whatever it's called) for the past several years to replace AAA for all of our vehicles. I needed to call them several times and they have always responded quickly. I have had no reason to shop around.
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #6
Denver, CO

WOW thanks.

I assume that it is a coordination service and does not substitute for towing coverage etc. by my insurance carrier? What about the Good Sam system, which I have not used.

I have coverage thru State Farm on the unit, which I think covers all the stuff I might need.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #7
Always Learning

Good Sam and Coach Net are much like AAA for automobiles, if you're familiar with that. They'll tow you, jump you, etc.

Good Sam and Coach Net are RV specific so you end up with them helping things like youroo posted.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:24 AM   #8

It does provide towing and covers it ....

I locked myself out of my trailer and they said to send the locksmith bill to them.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #9
Denver, CO

Awesome, Hopefully I won't need them, but it's comforting to know FR arranged for this.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #10

If you buy a new RV from Forest River you get one year CoachNet free. I just renewed mine because on 2012 V-Cross 5er was one year old on 2-16-2013.
Good Luck with your new RV.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #11

I kinda figured since it was a freebie that it was some kind of bare bones coverage so I called Coach-Net. It is their basic coverage, but I was told it does cover the tow vehicle so long as you are hitched at the time. I asked about paying the difference to upgrade to a premium service as I would use it to replace our AAA (which I understand has lousy RV coverage) and was told that it isn't possible, you either need to purchase a new plan or wait until the year is up and renew with the upgraded plan.
skipperW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipperW View Post
I kinda figured since it was a freebie that it was some kind of bare bones coverage so I called Coach-Net. It is their basic coverage, but I was told it does cover the tow vehicle so long as you are hitched at the time. I asked about paying the difference to upgrade to a premium service as I would use it to replace our AAA (which I understand has lousy RV coverage) and was told that it isn't possible, you either need to purchase a new plan or wait until the year is up and renew with the upgraded plan.
You are right about AAA RV it is lousy I got screw twice with it.I broke down a 100 miles from home and had to get someone to tow my trailer and 13 miles from home the same thing.So I drop the RV part and kept AAA Plus which is fine.Here what I found out about Good Sams and Coach-Net .Good Sams will tow your truck and trailer up to a 100 miles anywhere you want them to if you get the Platium+ which cost 179.99 a year.The other plan will tow you to the nearest campground or service area.Coach-Net will tow you to the nearest campground or service area.but they don't have the 100 mile plan.So be careful what you get.i planning to get Good Sams soon and I will keep AAA Plus for a back up.
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill flick View Post
You are right about AAA RV it is lousy I got screw twice with it.I broke down a 100 miles from home and had to get someone to tow my trailer and 13 miles from home the same thing.So I drop the RV part and kept AAA Plus which is fine.Here what I found out about Good Sams and Coach-Net .Good Sams will tow your truck and trailer up to a 100 miles anywhere you want them to if you get the Platium+ which cost 179.99 a year.The other plan will tow you to the nearest campground or service area.Coach-Net will tow you to the nearest campground or service area.but they don't have the 100 mile plan.So be careful what you get.i planning to get Good Sams soon and I will keep AAA Plus for a back up.
I just switched from Allstate to Good Sams they
will cover you in any car or truck that you are driving even if you are not just camping just as AAA will do......

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #14

We've had them before, not sure about now as that's on DH list ~ they were always great Only issue is that if you get a new unit or new vehicle, call them right away as they have a 1-3 day waiting period for changes. I did get stuck by that once.....
clancythecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #15
Love My Sunseeker

Some inside info I learned today.

I bought my RV last October (2012). But because of things that went awry, my free CoachNet membership card did not arrive until June 2013). And the expiration date was December 2013 (and even that is another story!). So, I only get 6 months of a free ONE YEAR membership.

So, I wrote a letter to CoachNet asking to extend it by 3 months. Yes, 6 + 3 = 9, not 12 months, but I was just trying to be fair. CoachNet said I had to call Forest River. So, I called Forest River, spoke to a nice man named Craig. Craig called CoachNet, and as it turns out, you are covered by CoachNet starting on the day you take the RV home, even if you don't get your card until MUCH later. And, since, SO FAR, KNOCK ON WOOD, I haven't needed it..... technically I was covered.

Someone from CoachNet is supposed to call me with a decision, but if they say "no," I guess it's ok, now that I know I would have been covered anyway......

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:18 PM   #16

Just found this out from Coachnet

We had to use the service when in Amarrillo last month because of the jacks.

We called Coachnet, they set us up and got the service call taken care of.....quick I might add.

Once the work was completed we called back to verify what we needed to do to file the claim. The lady we spoke with said just send a copy along with the reason to the Dallas address and it would be taken care of there.

Well, got a letter from Coachnet today saying;
"We regret that no reimburstment is available for the expenses due to the following reason(s)"

Parts/Labor

If you have any questions regarding this claim, please call........so I did.
The lady I spoke with said Coachnet only covers the service call portion.....not parts and labor.

We were not made aware of this at any time during the initial conversation with Coachnet at all. Had we known, we would not have filed the claim.....would have made no sense.

Has anyone else run accross this?

Thanks
CSMRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRetired View Post
We had to use the service when in Amarrillo last month because of the jacks.

We called Coachnet, they set us up and got the service call taken care of.....quick I might add.

Once the work was completed we called back to verify what we needed to do to file the claim. The lady we spoke with said just send a copy along with the reason to the Dallas address and it would be taken care of there.

Well, got a letter from Coachnet today saying;
"We regret that no reimburstment is available for the expenses due to the following reason(s)"

Parts/Labor

If you have any questions regarding this claim, please call........so I did.
The lady I spoke with said Coachnet only covers the service call portion.....not parts and labor.

We were not made aware of this at any time during the initial conversation with Coachnet at all. Had we known, we would not have filed the claim.....would have made no sense.

Has anyone else run accross this?

Thanks
I can understand them not covering the parts, but the labor? Exactly what did Coachnet pay for? Just the trip out to where you were?
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #18

They paid ZIP

I am looking for the reciept to see if the service guy broke out the service charge portion

they paid nothing at all
Old 07-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRetired View Post
I am looking for the reciept to see if the service guy broke out the service charge portion

they paid nothing at all
Boy, I'm sure glad a never had to use my "free" Coachnet "service"!
I guess I'll stick with CAA/AAA.
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #20

Spoke with Coachnet again just now

come to find out, they paid the same amount to the service provider as I did.....apparently the service provider "double dipped"

still can't get coachnet to send me the service call amount