Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #1

Convert 3.66 meters to ft and in-- quickly!

Quickly, convert 3.66 meters to feet and inches. You have 20 seconds!

While you may be a math whiz, can find a calculator, even count on your toes and fingers, what’s the height of your vehicle and or RV? I’ll bet it rare if anyone but a few really can state these questions immediately.

Now for other questions: what’s the length of your entire rig from beginning to end including all of the incidentals? How about the steer, drive, and axle weights, even the width?

If you cannot spout these dozen out in less than the 20 seconds, watch this.
http://dailypicksandflicks.com/2012/10/25/undefeated-worlds-toughest-bridge-in-durham-nc-video/

Or look up “World’s Toughest Bridge, Durham, NC” on the Internet. It’s worth your while!!!

Although I’ve said this before on this forum, here it is again. Place these real numbers with an extra little bit of error built in on your dash, above the speedometer. Refer to it on EVERY bridge underpass, weight restriction, and so on.

By the way, and as long as I’m at it--- our 5w driver’s side rear tire exploded. A kind woman in the passenger seat of a passing car notified me. Thank you! Yes, I checked them for pressure and lug nut torque before we left that camp which was roughly 250 miles earlier. I even took the temp of the sidewalls on the pickup and 5w when at a break about half-way back.

Upon returning home ALL tires were replaced from the load-rated “C to E” at Les Schwab even though we had tread left. I made certain they understood-- torque and fill all 8 tires properly. The manager insisted he would do so.

Distrusting, I checked at home, not one tire or wheel were the same as any other. All 8 were improperly done. I corrected the error. It pays to be safe.

Are you?

Mike
traveler2955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler2955 View Post
By the way, and as long as I’m at it--- our 5w driver’s side rear tire exploded. A kind woman in the passenger seat of a passing car notified me. Thank you!
I prefer to have my TST TPMS notify me of a problem like that in case there are no passing cars.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #3

True,TST TPMS's-- every little bit helps. Does it tell you of low bridges too? ha
Whether people check their stuff or not, NOMB. 'twas just trying to help those who...
Cheers,
Mike
traveler2955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler2955 View Post
True,TST TPMS's-- every little bit helps. Does it tell you of low bridges too? ha
Whether people check their stuff or not, NOMB. 'twas just trying to help those who...
Cheers,
Mike
I thought your post was great! You are very right that we all have to know that stuff almost instantly. Thanks for the reminder and encouragement.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote