Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2018, 07:37 PM   #41

Send a message via Skype™ to stillontheroad
We have washed and waxed a couple of RV and they both cost about the same. Most recently a 31 foot Rockwood Signature Ultra and before that 34 ft Holiday Rambler Neptune. About $3.00 for washing compound plus a bottle of Super Auto Glym polish (from England) $18.00 .three or four pieces of old cotton towel and lots and lots of "elbow grease". Actually it was a net benefit because we saved having to go to the gym and exercise. (Ps if you are thinking awe that's because you are young... I am 80 and my wife is 79) Great exercise and the finished job is way better than any commercial outfit will do.
stillontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:06 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillontheroad View Post
We have washed and waxed a couple of RV and they both cost about the same. Most recently a 31 foot Rockwood Signature Ultra and before that 34 ft Holiday Rambler Neptune. About $3.00 for washing compound plus a bottle of Super Auto Glym polish (from England) $18.00 .three or four pieces of old cotton towel and lots and lots of "elbow grease". Actually it was a net benefit because we saved having to go to the gym and exercise. (Ps if you are thinking awe that's because you are young... I am 80 and my wife is 79) Great exercise and the finished job is way better than any commercial outfit will do.
That's great! I hope to be in your position when I get there! For now, with work, time is what I have very little of and a lot of other projects that need my attention so I have considered getting the trailer waxed. To me $450 sounds like a lot but at the same time they get 200 to detail a car around here. (And I acknowledge that the OP specifically said not a detail) I haven't actually proved it out yet but we also don't really have a ton of RVs around here so it would either be someone who specializes in cars or boats that would do it. If I get a quote I will try to remember and update this. For reference we are on Long Island, in NY.
I will also add that one of those little aluminum painting platforms will save a lot of ladder moving if you don't have a very high roof.
Travel Pooch:Sophie the Sato - Cats: Rhody and Hazy
2018:22nights / 2019:31Nights / 2020:18Nights
Mr Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:13 PM   #43

We have used Klassic Car Wax products, rather expensive 2 part process. We have a 32.5 motor home and it takes about 10-12 hours. It’s like a Teflon finish it’s used for airplanes. Beautiful finish last 8-12 months depending on weather conditions.

Always Prazing
Linda
Prazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:57 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob5560g View Post
Hello,

How much do you pay to wash and wax your RV? I think for us all to compare apples to apples, we should quote in price per foot, or at least mention the length of your rig.

I've got a 2015, 25' Forester MBS (the Bobmobile). In my town of Grants Pass, Oregon, there are two outfits and they both want $450! I think this is criminally insane. I specify that I am not looking for a "Detail", just a simple waxing to protect the paint. They still want $450. This works out to $18 per foot of length.

Also, in calling around other cities, sometimes they won't quote without knowing the brand and model. Even after I've explained that it's three years old with no oxidation. I think that those vendors that need that info and then call back later with a quote are looking up the RV price to see what they can get away with charging.

I understand that they're in business to make money, but two years ago I had an excellent job in Seattle for $200, and a decent job last week in Portland for $250.

So what do you pay (per foot) in your area?

Also, can anyone recommend a good "Do it Yourself" website or tutorial, perhaps on Youtube? There are probably hundreds of them, does anyone have a favorite they could share? Thanks
2-3 guys waxing for 4 hours @$15 bucks an hour plus supply’s you’d already be at $250 with no profit. That doesn’t include the wash and dry that needs to happen before the wax.

$350-$450 seems about right
WolfPup2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:26 AM   #45

I wash and wax myself - no one will ever do as good as a job as me
Egalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:48 AM   #46

$450 is about what i’d expect.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:06 AM   #47

Sharonville Full Body Paint 37 1/2 foot 2017 Georgetown. In Marathon Key last January the rate was $10 per foot from one and $11 per foot from another. I just had bought the RV and thought that was really high. Both were very good. I came home to Cincinnati and a Detail shop brought scaffolding to their shop and did excellent job for $400 They had to work outside and it was last warm day we have had without rain since October 30. I think 10-11 dollars a foot should be enough. I think they are ripping you off. But be sure you get someone good that doesn't leave swirls in your paint and then you are really going to be upset. Good Luck
Dennis King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:07 AM   #48
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by httntheroad View Post
40 foot 5th wheel 100.bucks on site wash and hand wax.+ truck hand wash.yuma arizona [emoji7]
I live in a +55 RV resort in Yuma and the wash and wax guys drive through here every day drumming up business.

There must be at least five different companies doing it.

Next time I have my 5'ver out of the storage lot I may have them do it.

I paid $9/foot (Camping Rally special price) in Albuquerque last April for a wash and wax, plus $35 to do my truck.

But...a strong blew through the park and blew their step ladder into my truck's tailgate and left me two nice presents...that I still see every day!

They argued that they had nothing to do with it...

However, since I was the official photographer for that camping rally and was the first camper to get washed and waxed I had been photographing them doing the wax job...and photos don't lie!

They gave me a discount on the wash and wax...$100 bucks off (screwing around with an insurance claim was not my favorite option)!

They did a real good job and the wax is still holding even after the hot Yuma summer sun!

Funny thing happened about three weeks later while on my way from Yuma, AZ to another rally in Colorado we were in an RV park in Elephant Butte, NM and was sitting in the lawn chairs under the front overhang of the 5'ver drinking coffee and enjoying the sunrise and those same guys drove through the park...

I waved at them and I think they recognized the trailer and truck...didn't wave back and sped off!

DOH!
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:07 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksie View Post
I get me RV washed waxed when we are set up in Tucson for the winter, the going rate for most of the people who come around the RV parks is $5-6 per foot. My 40' 5er usually costs $200-240 and they do a fantastic job this even includes the roof, and windows (outside). I like to do mine at least once a year to protect the finish from the harmful UV rays.
Who do you use when you’re in Tucson? Can you give me their number?
Thanks!
Mfuller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:04 AM   #50

Here in the San Diego area I found a mobile outfit. $10 per foot of our trailer (box length) includes power wash, wax with orbital, and tire dressing. Same price in 2016 and 2018. Being disabld I must point and pay these days.

Can't do it when it's parked beside the house so have to schedule when it's on the street after last trip of the season or mid season if we hit a lot of bugs.
Former owner of 2016 Wildwood X-Lite 231RKXL
pwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:37 AM   #51

After reading these post, I just paid $16 ft to wash & wax and roof 2018 class a 35’...Charlotte,NC
shuthrbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 01:23 PM   #52

Well for those kind of dollars I can run mine thru blue beacon truck wash 7 or 8 times. And that is just what I do. Never waxed one ? Always looks good.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 06:14 PM   #53

$11 per foot. Wash and Wax. Florida central east coast.
willema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:24 AM   #54

I Am sure if you are @ home you can find a couple friends - family members or neighborhood kids that would save ya a couple a hundred bucks !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:40 PM   #55

$10.00 per foot here in So. Cal. We do it ourselves. Good exercise and saves money for my wife’s glamping!!!

Bill
wjgri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 12:56 PM   #56

Did my rig myself now that it’s stored at home. It actually was pretty easy, I used a foam cannon on my Karcher pressure washer with Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow foam auto wash and then Aero Cosmetics Wash and Wax with their double sided mop head on the telescoping handle. It’s a great product used for airplanes. Then all the trim and roof got a coat of 303 protectant.
I had to shell out for the system upfront but now it’s only pennies a foot.
Tombsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:00 PM   #57

Have never paid anyone to wash or wax anything I've ever had. Always do it myself.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:50 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowrideHD View Post
Have never paid anyone to wash or wax anything I've ever had. Always do it myself.

Of physical able that is the way to do it !!!

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 08:32 PM   #59

We are currently in Benson AZ. Looking for a wash and wax somewhere between here and Desert Springs CA. For a reasonable price of course!
Old 11-17-2018, 08:43 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by -lenny- View Post
We are currently in Benson AZ. Looking for a wash and wax somewhere between here and Desert Springs CA. For a reasonable price of course!
Everytime we are at the Lazydays KOA in Tucson we see several rigs getting waxed. Have no clue what the cost is, but I bet a phone call would remedy that. Also the Lazydays dealership will do it, might even be the same crews.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
wax