Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2019, 10:13 AM   #1

Does anyone have issues with their bedding?

We continuously have issues with the sheets & blanket sliding off of the foot of the bed. It doesn't matter if we use cotton sheets or satin. Every morning we are left with only the spread covering us. The only sheets I have found that do not slide are flannel. And the husband can't stand flannel sheet.

Helpful suggestions would be nice.
SherriP61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:20 AM   #2
Always Learning

Are you still using the fitted comforter? I found everything sort of fell when using that. Once we switched to a classic comforter, we don't have the issue any longer.

We use regular sheets from Walmart. I don't recall where our duvet and comforter came from, but it was a household kind of store.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:20 AM   #3
Always Learning

An alternative is Beddy's. We have them for the kids' bunks but I have friends who love them for the adult's queen-sized bed.

See a review:
http://learntorv.com/beddys
Old 07-25-2019, 10:31 AM   #4

Yes, we are using the comforter that came with the trailer. (I haven't decided on what I want to replace it with yet.)

On our next trip, I may have to try using the comforter from our bed to see if that works.

Thank you both for your help!
Old 07-25-2019, 10:42 AM   #5
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherriP61 View Post
Yes, we are using the comforter that came with the trailer. (I haven't decided on what I want to replace it with yet.)

On our next trip, I may have to try using the comforter from our bed to see if that works.

Thank you both for your help!

YES! By all means, get rid of that original "comforter". Those things, along with the curtains & valances are for sales lot display only.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:45 AM   #6

I am in the process of making new curtains . (The ones that came with our TT, in my opinion, don't match the comforter.)
Old 07-25-2019, 12:17 PM   #7

We use elastic straps that clip onto the fitted sheet underneath the mattress. It has really helped us out.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:26 PM   #8

I've been looking at quickzipsheet.com

Haven't decided on them yet (expensive) but they look like a good idea. Imagine a fitted bottom sheet with deep pockets and tight elastic but with zippers on top that attach to a removable middle panel. You just remove the middle panel for laundering.

For now, we have fitted bottom sheets with deep pockets and a top sheet and a comforter. We have to wash everything often because, you got it: The Dog Sleeps With Us. He's tiny (Chihuahua) and has a ramp with cleats up to the bed and a piddle pad in the shower stall. Time was when I would have said "Ugg!" but he is so very much loved!
NH Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 12:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Are you still using the fitted comforter? I found everything sort of fell when using that. Once we switched to a classic comforter, we don't have the issue any longer.

We use regular sheets from Walmart. I don't recall where our duvet and comforter came from, but it was a household kind of store.
Did you really just say...."Duvet" ??
That's two points off your man card.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 12:39 PM   #10

Just got large sized sleeping bag from LL Bean. Might be worth trying.
RATSPOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 12:44 PM   #11
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Did you really just say...."Duvet" ??
That's two points off your man card.

It's wonderful. It gives the blanket weight.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:46 PM   #12

We currently are using a fitted bottom sheet, the flat sheet, a light-weight blanket & the "original" spread. The fitted sheet stays put fine. The flat sheet & the blanket stay tucked in at the bottom, but some how, slip off onto the floor at the foot of the bed.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:47 PM   #13

Wife found something we put on our mattress, can't recall what it's called, but it zips up over the mattress (giant ziplock bag) and some fuzzy like material on the top side and the sheets seemed to stick to them like Velcro. Never had corners coming lose or the sheet sliding away. I'll have to ask her tonight.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:49 PM   #14

Thank you. And this gadget keeps the flat sheet from slipping off? (It stays tucked in at the bottom. We just wake up every morning with only the comforter still in place.)
Old 07-25-2019, 01:16 PM   #15

Lighter weight blankets

Sherri, we're going through this at the house right now, since DW replaced the covers.

The problem is that a heavy quilt or duvet pulls itself off. You kick a little bit to get some toe-room (especially back sleepers--and trailer beds are shorter, too). about a third of the cover slides off. The weight of that cover hanging vertically pulls the rest of the cover off. Especially so if slippery fabric is involved.

No microfiber sheets!
A couple of light woven blankets are better than a heavy one.
Pick coarse fabrics that aren't slippery.

DW is having a hard time coming around to the idea that the blankets and quilts I had before we met are better than the ones she chose--but she'll get there.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 01:17 PM   #16

Currently using sheets from Camping World on our queen short Sleep Number mattress. Full fitted bottom sheet and top sheet only has elastic on the foot end. Have used straps as my 6 ft often kicks the foot end loose. Just bought some 3" X 24" X 36" foam from Walmart and will create an 8" extender to go between the headboard and mattress. I think our regular queen size sheets from home with straps will work well. Will cut the foam into 3" X 8" X 30" leaving some 6" pieces to put between two layers of the stacks to get just above the mattress. Will have to pull out before putting slide in but should not be a problem.
First Mate = Xiangbing
Crew = Radar, NiuNiu & NaNa
BobHanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 02:02 PM   #17
Chris and Cecil

Bedding

I, too, jettisoned the OEM bed covers and shams ad soon as possible. I bought short queen sheets with elastic all around the fitted bottom sheet and long enough flat sheet for top to tuck under and instead of a spread or comforter which always end up on the floor I bought a set of full/queen flannel sheets in a pattern I liked and which coordinated with our sheets. I put the flat sheet on top of the sheet set and use the flannel sheet as a light weight blanket for cool nights. Tucks into the bottom of the bed and doesn’t go anywhere. Bed looks neat and tidy when all is pulled up with pillows at the head of the bed. And I don’t have to deal with comforter and shams that take up space.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:13 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherriP61 View Post
Thank you. And this gadget keeps the flat sheet from slipping off? (It stays tucked in at the bottom. We just wake up every morning with only the comforter still in place.)
Fold and bag the "Fitted" comforter and get a REAL ONE ! You'll sleep better and be happier too. I just dug ours out and put back on the bed as I'm in the process of selling our TT.
Old 07-25-2019, 03:44 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawac14 View Post
We use elastic straps that clip onto the fitted sheet underneath the mattress. It has really helped us out.
I use these, also. You can get them at Walmart for less than $5 per set.
merrykalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 03:48 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATSPOD View Post
Just got large sized sleeping bag from LL Bean. Might be worth trying.
Exactly what I did. Got tired of wrangling sheets and comforter. Bought a "Double" sleeping bag and it sits on top of the regular bedding which is now tucked in all around just for looks.

If for any reason I ever need more warmth at night (like winter camping) I'll just get a heavier sleeping bag.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed