Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #241
PPST OGCDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrlakelover View Post
Before long everyone will be wearing helmets in case they stand up under the slideout, FOLKS!!!
I took a Swimming pool Noodle and split it down one side and put on the bottom of the side. I then took two short pieces of a noodle and covered the corners of the side.
A friend of mine walked into his slide and knocked him self out cold.
He had also had a few cold ones before the hit the slide corner.
Frank-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #242
Columbus 302 rs

Love it!

Some people do seem to go overboard on the sanitation precautions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Yeah - well we all have our own priorities in life!
TheEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #243

See Frank-VA...if your buddy was wearing his helmet, he wouldn't have knocked himself out. Hope he did not fall into the dump station. LOL
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #244

I agree that some people go to extremes. I watched a guy spend more time suiting up than it took to dump. I have changed diapers for 5 daughters and 4 grandchildren and have not died yet, although in all fairness, I was born and raised in Jersey and spent my summers at the Jersey shore.......
eshenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:55 AM   #245

I dumped for the first time a couple of weeks ago (before seeing this thread) and all went well. I did wear sandals and shorts, and I had no gloves. When I was done, I rinsed my hands with my bottle of beer and dried them with my sammich!
And I'm still living at the Jersey Shore!
PhotoMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #246

My routine is pretty simple. After I glove up, and have an old pair of shoes on;
1. I top off my tanks to make sure they are full.
2.Check and make sure the release valves are in a closed position before I remove the cap.
3. Hook up the sewer hose.
4. Then open the valve to drain.
5. While draining, I check for leaks
6. Close the valve, and repeat on the second drain pipe.
7. I rinse off everything for storage.

Takes me about 20 minutes to dump 3, 37 gallon tanks, (2 connections) and I am out of the way.

If I have the water available, and the time, I will fill the tank up again, and drain it. I put my old shoes, and gloves in separate zip lock bags. Same with the hose. They all go into a plastic container with a good lid

I top off my tanks to help with removal of the contents. I found early on that by emptying less than a full tank, it had a bad effect on the sensors. That, and I did not get full removal of debris.

I check that the release valves are in the closed position before I remove the caps for the obvious reason. On more than on a few occasions I have seen folks remove the cap, while the valve was open. I am pretty sure folks sometimes forget to close these valves when done. On two other occasions as a campground host, I caught some youngsters opening these valves with the owner not knowing about it. Surprise! Surprise!
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #247
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
1. I top off my tanks to make sure they are full.
2.Check and make sure the release valves are in a closed position before I remove the cap.

I check that the release valves are in the closed position before I remove the caps for the obvious reason. On more than on a few occasions I have seen folks remove the cap, while the valve was open. I am pretty sure folks sometimes forget to close these valves when done. On two other occasions as a campground host, I caught some youngsters opening these valves with the owner not knowing about it. Surprise! Surprise!
So, here is the thing. If some SOB opens; then closes the black tank handle, and you remove the cap, your shoes will still smell.

So, to prevent that unfortunate eventuality, I installed an end of line valve.
That way it does not matter if the black tank valve is open, leaking, or the sewer pipe is "charged", my shoes stay dry.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1368.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	37809   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1994.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	37810  
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #248

Along with the extra security of dry shoes,I use my end of the line valve to balance our two grey tanks, when one or the other tank is close to full, opening the valves behind the EOLV gives us extra time before heading off to the dump station it was a great little investment
Sportracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #249

I top off tanks at site, pull up to dump, hook up then pull black water then grey water to rinse hose then run fresh water through line to finish cleaning, 10 min or so.
Greywolfdan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led pad