Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2021, 01:25 AM   #21

x5 for RV Parky. Works great and it's free. Very easy to learn and use, unlike some of the others.

2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS
BriaBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:07 PM   #22

We use UC Ultimate Campgrounds, HipCamp, Allstays apps. Mostly use HipCamp because we normally boon dock.
Dsimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:09 PM   #23
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriaBeck View Post
x5 for RV Parky. Works great and it's free. Very easy to learn and use, unlike some of the others.

Does RV Parky update their App?
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:10 PM   #24

IExit

One of my favorites that hasn’t been mentioned is IExit. Can find diesel, check out the posted prices and see where I want to stop. Great for finding food, etc. it covers the main roads but not some of the back roads. Super easy to use. I even have my mom who doesn’t like apps using it.
I also like the Winegard TV signal finder, CATs WeighMyTruck, Recreation.gov and Passport America. Of course I can’t live without Weather Channel with local alerts turned on as long as I have cell service so I don’t have to set the zip code on the weather radio. And since we like national parks the Passport to National Parks app.
I’ll also add my up votes for AllStays and Google Earth
Accountingphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:15 PM   #25

Well this may be a bit astray but the apps I use most while actually camping is iNaturalist do identify plants around me and GAIA to show me where I am and nearby features.
flyflotrtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:26 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyflotrtim View Post
Well this may be a bit astray but the apps I use most while actually camping is iNaturalist do identify plants around me and GAIA to show me where I am and nearby features.
I use Gaia GPS when I'm out Jeeping. I also use it when boondocking. I record a breadcrumb trail so I can find my way back to my trailer. Works really great in a place like Quartzite, when there are literally thousands of other trailers in the area.
AlaskaErik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 09:54 PM   #27

Clio is also a fun app if you like history. It takes your current location and lists the historical and cultural landmarks in the area, along with driving directions.
ptt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 06:15 AM   #28

Try "rec.gov" You can make reservations up 6 months in advance. "Free camping" also great. Truck stops are a bit noisy, but can be an emergency safe haven. We use Wal Mart for overnight travel stops a lot. (Good place to refuel, get snacks, we love shopping, etc.) Safe & Happy travels. See ya down the road.
Frankiejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 06:38 AM   #29

Campendium

I am surprised nobody here has mentioned Campendium it’s my personal favorite.
Papadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 09:44 AM   #30

We use RV Tripwizard and RV Life. It lists campgrounds, POI, gas stations and rest areas. We also use national and State Park apps, though most have gone to Recreation.gov. We use Google maps to check out back roads and accessibility to gas stations and campgrounds. We often refer to Campendium. But two that have not been mentioned that we find helpful and fun are theNextExit app (mainly about interstate exits) and my favorite before we bought our first RV, Roadside America. It lists all those odd and quirky stops like the smallest State Park in Texas, the grave site of Davy Crocket’’s wife, or Forrest Gump’s bench in Savannah, GA. It’s just goofy fun to add to your trip.

"Red" my 2018 Ford Lariat F-150 4X4 W/ Max Tow pkg
"Rover" our 2018 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 241qbxl
revbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 09:46 AM   #31

If you're travelling through BC, the Yukon and Alaska, The Milepost is essential. Old-school book/bible if you prefer, or their ap (which has come a long way and hopefully continues to improve. Good luck and safe travels!
chumis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 10:27 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post

As far as I know they do. I just use it on my desktop computer.

Maybe somebody else knows?

2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS
BriaBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 10:38 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
If you mean locations, I don’t know. But if you mean the actual app, the Apple version was last updated a year ago for bug fixes.
Accountingphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 08:49 PM   #34

Last Android update for the app was Aug 2019 but it uses a central database that is updated by "contributors". One of the features I like is it's integration with the RV Parky website. Once I registered I can access my trips from the app or phone and I can share my trips with family and friends.
There tag line is RV app by RV'ers for RV'ers.

2022 Rockwood 2893BS
2019 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD
Theb2b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 08:55 AM   #35

Full timer alert... many apps ahead!

I use a bunch of apps and Google all the things to eventually get where I'm going. I recently received a free premium membership to ToGoRV, which also gives me RoadTrippers, nice for planning a long trip. Then I program it all into my Garmin RV GPS.

I use any and all of the following to find places to stay: Campendium, Boondockers Welcome (pays for itself in one use, and I've made lifelong friends, notably some that now refer to their third bedroom as mine... I can winter in Vegas perpetually, lol!), Big Truck Stops, Pilot Flying J, Free Campsites, RV Parky, Park Advisor, and Free Roam

Sanidumps.com and RV Dump Sites app are also good to have

I use Recreation.gov and NPS to find and reserve cheap National Park spots, if you qualify for the Access Pass, you gain free entry to places such as Yellowstone, and camping is half price.

I'm a member of Escapers, XScapers and RVillage which tend to get you discounts for Boondockers, Harvest Hosts (still too expensive for me, but might work for you), and likely is the reason I was upgraded on ToGo.

I bought the Good Sam membership for three years ($75), used it for discounts at Camping World (they have the best chairs), free dumping at Camping World, and 5¢/gallon off at Pilot/Flying J.

Hope you find a nugget or two from my treasure trove that will help you along your way!
Talegi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping