Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2020, 04:01 PM   #61

Mankind finally created something that is indestructible.... for a single use. Kinda ironic.
BigRockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 07:24 PM   #62

Yeah they were on top and the guy pumping the tank told its flushable wipes. They swell up and get kinda pliable. I have 2-tanks because my system is a micro fast alternative system and the effluent is pumped to the drain field.
05 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 6.0
Wife W/3 rescue dogs & 12-16 chickens
Mandog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 09:03 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
As long as I’ve been on this site, I don’t remember ever seeing virtually the same answer given so consistently this many times. I’m beginning to get the hint that this problem is SOLVED.

The OP last replied 04-24-2020, 06:49 AM.
This problem will NEVER be solved until wipes are no longer made. I have been telling my customers about these things for years and years, but I continue to return to the same customers’ homes time and time again to pull them out of their sewers. I am sure it will remain the same for people who flush them in their RVs, too.

Bruce
Old 06-12-2020, 10:18 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger1 View Post
Cottenele Flushable wipes say they are safe in septic tank systems..I assume they'll be ok for the black tank. True or false?
1st time TT owner..
Gunslinger
Old 06-12-2020, 11:07 PM   #65

RV black water tanks are not septic tanks. The wipes just will not have enough time to break down.
Villagerjjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 11:59 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger1 View Post
Cottenele Flushable wipes say they are safe in septic tank systems..I assume they'll be ok for the black tank. True or false?
1st time TT owner..
Gunslinger
According to plumbers there are really no such thing as flushable wipes. For them flushable wipes =$$$$
Beachbourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 06:15 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbourbon View Post
According to plumbers there are really no such thing as flushable wipes. For them flushable wipes =$$$$
Between Monday at 10:00am and Thursday at noon this week, I made over $3,500.00 total on just four different snaking jobs, all of which involved me clearing waste pipes and sewers of “flushable” wipes. One of these jobs also involved a pair of size large Jos. A Bank mens boxer underwear, but I had to get through about ten pounds of wipes to finally get to those underwear, then after retrieving the underwear I retrieved another ten pounds or so of flushable wipes about eighty feet farther down the line.

It amazes me sometimes, the things people will flush down their toilets, and it’s always fun describing to and showing the customers what I retrieved, but the best part of it all is when the customer flat-out denies that they flushed this stuff down their toilets. I am so used to hearing “I didn’t do it” or “it’s not mine” and “where did that come from?”

Flushable wipes have become such a problem that I have to be extra-careful with how far I go when I snake a small drain, like for a bath sink, tub/shower or a kitchen, because if I push my cable far enough and it gets into a larger waste pipe, there is always the chance that a wad of wipes that has been just sitting there forever is going to wrap around my snake head and be too large to be able to pull back through the smaller pipe I am trying to clear. This can be a big problem if I can’t get those wipes to fall off of the head. It used to be that a plumber could just throw a cable down a drain and go as far as possible to be certain the entire drain is snaked, but now we have to skimp and hope we went far enough to clear a drain without going too far — all because of “flushable” wipes.

Bruce
Old 06-13-2020, 06:50 AM   #68
Site Team

Our metro sewer district sends notes in the water/sewer bill begging people NOT TO FLUSH WET WIPES!!!

IMO the makers should be required to stop calling them "flushable". There ain't no such thing.
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 07:07 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
IMO the makers should be required to stop calling them "flushable". There ain't no such thing.
The problem is, they are flushable. They will almost always flush through the toilet, but so will a pair of underwear. People seem to think that as long as something makes its way down the toilet, it is going to just merrily make its way to the sewer main where it is no longer their problem — out of sight and out of mind.

The only time they seem to care about the damage wipes do and the problems they cause is when they have to pay their plumber a thousand bucks to “un-flush” their wipes. I know that just about everybody has read or heard about how bad flushing wipes is to their plumbing and their municipality’s system, but they just don’t care. People with septic systems tend to be very aware of the problems they cause because they know if they flush them, it will definitely cause them problems and cost them money, but people on public (and campground) systems aren’t so concerned because they hope the wipes make it to the sewer main where the expenses and damage caused by wipes will not be their problem.

Bruce
Old 06-13-2020, 08:06 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
Between Monday at 10:00am and Thursday at noon this week, I made over $3,500.00 total on just four different snaking jobs, all of which involved me clearing waste pipes and sewers of “flushable” wipes. One of these jobs also involved a pair of size large Jos. A Bank mens boxer underwear, but I had to get through about ten pounds of wipes to finally get to those underwear, then after retrieving the underwear I retrieved another ten pounds or so of flushable wipes about eighty feet farther down the line.

It amazes me sometimes, the things people will flush down their toilets, and it’s always fun describing to and showing the customers what I retrieved, but the best part of it all is when the customer flat-out denies that they flushed this stuff down their toilets. I am so used to hearing “I didn’t do it” or “it’s not mine” and “where did that come from?”

Flushable wipes have become such a problem that I have to be extra-careful with how far I go when I snake a small drain, like for a bath sink, tub/shower or a kitchen, because if I push my cable far enough and it gets into a larger waste pipe, there is always the chance that a wad of wipes that has been just sitting there forever is going to wrap around my snake head and be too large to be able to pull back through the smaller pipe I am trying to clear. This can be a big problem if I can’t get those wipes to fall off of the head. It used to be that a plumber could just throw a cable down a drain and go as far as possible to be certain the entire drain is snaked, but now we have to skimp and hope we went far enough to clear a drain without going too far — all because of “flushable” wipes.

Bruce
I would think when you show the Home owner the "Underwear you have found,and they Deny any ownership,you could be the Start of "Marital Issues/Domestic Violence/Divorce"! Youroo!!
Old 06-13-2020, 10:01 PM   #71
WFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagerjjm View Post
RV black water tanks are not septic tanks. The wipes just will not have enough time to break down.
They wont break down in a septic tank either....form experienced people on here, they don't break down at all.
Old 06-14-2020, 07:56 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I would think when you show the Home owner the "Underwear you have found,and they Deny any ownership,you could be the Start of "Marital Issues/Domestic Violence/Divorce"! Youroo!!
Oh, believe me...I have been in the middle of many a heated argument between spouses when I discover some of the many different things I do that somebody thought they would never see again. One of the best was when I retrieved a handful of condoms and a pair of women’s underwear that weren’t “hers” from a sewer of a married couple who had no kids or recent overnight guests. I tried to calm the situation by telling them both that these things could have been there for years and not causing any problems until the wipes came along to clog their sewer. The wife didn’t seem to think this was the case, though. The husband tried to turn the argument around by blaming her for the wipes, but that really didn’t get him anywhere.

I never was called back to that house for anything after that.

Bruce
Old 06-14-2020, 08:32 AM   #73
clr

Never flush them down your toilet in an RV, as many folks have already stated they are a huge problem.
Some time ago on the forum here there was a posting of a new RV owner and wipes. As I recall he had 3 or 4 daughters and on his first or second camping trip he could not dump his black tank. All efforts to flush the tank failed. He had to take the RV back to the dealer for service then. The dealer had to change the black tank to restore service.

So NEVER flush and wipes down your toilet!
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:45 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
Our metro sewer district sends notes in the water/sewer bill begging people NOT TO FLUSH WET WIPES!!!

Ditto here.
Mike
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 V8 4x4
Mike223 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flush