Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2021, 04:58 PM   #1

How do you mount picture frames on walls?

We are preparing to mount some pictures on the walls of our 2016 Cardinal 3825fl. My wife was planning to pick up some adhesive strips at WalMart tomorrow, the kind of strips that peel off without damaging the wall. But she read that they do not work on wallpaper. She told me she didn't want me pounding nails into the wall. I could use some ideas on how to hang our pictures.
Wayfaring Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 05:13 PM   #2
Always Learning

We have used everything you can imagine. Command hooks, sticky backed velcro, very high bond (VHB) tape, screws into studs, screws with anchors, pop-rivets, well nuts, and I’ve mounted backer boards that hits studs and then mounted things to that.

The trick to Command Strips is to hang them and then let them sit for 24 hours before using them.
Old 06-03-2021, 05:21 PM   #3

We don’t have a lot of pictures hung in our camper, but they’re all held on by Command Strips Velcro. They’ve been up for a number of years and never came off.
Old 06-03-2021, 05:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
We have used everything you can imagine. Command hooks, sticky backed velcro, very high bond (VHB) tape, screws into studs, screws with anchors, pop-rivets, well nuts, and I’ve mounted backer boards that hits studs and then mounted things to that.

The trick to Command Strips is to hang them and then let them sit for 24 hours before using them.
Just had a conversation with my wife and her sister-in-law. They are suggesting we try Command Strips first. I mentioned velcro.

So, did any of the methods you used do any damage to the walls or wallpaper?
Old 06-03-2021, 05:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfkmk View Post
We don’t have a lot of pictures hung in our camper, but they’re all held on by Command Strips Velcro. They’ve been up for a number of years and never came off.
Do you have any pictures of them as you were putting up the Command Strips? We are going to look for those strips at WalMart tomorrow.
Old 06-04-2021, 10:51 AM   #6
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfaring Stranger View Post
Just had a conversation with my wife and her sister-in-law. They are suggesting we try Command Strips first. I mentioned velcro.

So, did any of the methods you used do any damage to the walls or wallpaper?
Clearly the nails and screws left holes.

But so far so good on the Velcro and Command Strips. Ask me again in August when I'm removing everything to sell the rig.
Old 06-04-2021, 12:52 PM   #7

Velcro

There is a high temperature Velcro that prevents unadhesion when your coach is in storage in the baking sun. Google it. I’ve had no failures.
rvfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 06:06 PM   #8

Today we purchased some Command hooks for the bathroom and an off brand, Hyper Tough velcro picture strips. We'll see how they perform.
Old 06-04-2021, 08:49 PM   #9

We have command strips that we used to hang pictures on wallpaper walls. Been there for a few years and have never had an issue.

Nice part is we have some we have removed for one reason or another as well - come off well and leave nothing behind.
Old 06-04-2021, 08:51 PM   #10

Command Strips have worked fine for us for many years. A) clean the wall with alcohol first B) mount the Command Strips and allow 24 hours to "finish" C) a small dot of Museum Putty on the corner will keep them in place for years!! Yes, we are full time and the RV has wallpaper on the walls. No holes!
mncreeves is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frame, mount, ram